Robo Defense

Last Updated: 2014-11-24 19:48:51
  1. Saltwater Hero

Saltwater Hero Well-Known Member

Everything you buy is saved in your gmail account. So if you ever start over or lose your phone as soon as you sign back into the phone it pulls back up all your past purchases all yougotta do is re download them in the market but it wont charge you.

Advertisement
  2. ken-doh

ken-doh Active Member

That is so ****ing sweeeeet - man I love this phone... :)

thanks for answering my question :)
  3. SamFen

SamFen Active Member

So, for the record, I uninstalled this game yesterday.

After I missed my train stop because I was playing it and arrived 2 hours late to work, I realized I was a little addicted to it... ;)

Fortunately, I had deliberately not bought the full version yet, so no harm done.
  4. liveZstrong

liveZstrong Member

Bought the full version! Gahh..so addicting...
  5. duckz

duckz New Member

bought this game too, love it, only game i have paid for on the android market. anyone have any insights into how the ingame bonus works? does it go up faster based on fast you kill enemies or something?
  6. nytelyte

nytelyte New Member

I wasn't planning on putting the SAMS at the back wall. Their rear range is just as important as their front range. But on the back half of the map was my plan. I later found out that unless you upgrade the living crap out of your artillery reload, this strategy is just not as good as a whole bunch of rocket launchers. (the strategy of using artillery for ground units only)
  7. duckz

duckz New Member

just beat the titan on basic layout level 50, didn't notice him until the achievement popped up on screen
  8. Xuri

Xuri New Member

i think the titan is random i fought him level 25 on basic was messing around going for an achievement and he just popped up and he was fairly easy.
  9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I love tower defense games. I can't stop playing them. RoboDefense is actually pretty damn good. It was one of the first games I downloaded for my phone and I've wasted a lot of time playing it.
  10. ub3r-l33ch

ub3r-l33ch Well-Known Member

Are you telling me you have completed 100 waves 610 times? lol
    I have completed 2 levels so far and that took quite a long time. I can't imagine 610! Do you work?? lol

Can anyone tell me what the paid version gives you over the free version?

Edit: Also, how do you get bonus points?
  11. UnsureSherlock

UnsureSherlock Well-Known Member

Lot's of fun, where's the updates though? I really wish they would update the gfx a bit, like the fire. Maybe update the sound a bit, add more units, maybe add the ability for you to be on the offensive.
  12. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Erm....how do you upgrade to different levels. I am still at level 0 on the demo version @'.'@ Can you explain please?
  13. safwanahmed

safwanahmed New Member

See the new Version of Tap Race 2.0 at Android Marcket. Now you can play the difficult level now
  14. geelling

geelling New Member

Also completely addicted... just passed level 500 - please let it end at 1000!

Anyway, for those wanting to try a new setup, this is how I build up mine for the basic map:

[​IMG]

Key: blue=gun, grey=slowdown, yellow=rocket, red=SAM, orange=heavy rocket, green=teleport

The first pattern creates a short loop - loops are important at higher levels as they allow you to send long lines of enemies backwards and forwards round the loop until they're exhausted. By selling the tower nearest the entrance and moving one space to the right and down (the second pattern) enemies at the end of the loop are made to reverse and head back the way they came. It takes some practice, but it allows you to concentrate on building SAMs which keep you in the game.

I also get a teleport built early in the game to catch the first helicopters. We'll add more later.

Pattern 3 is just an extension, lenthening the loop - you'll need this once the fast trucks appear. Begin getting some rockets in and upgrade to at least one SAM when you can afford it.

Pattern 4 is almost fully extended, though still without many upgrades. By now, we have rockets along the central strip and have upgraded quite a few to SAMs. We've also added a couple of extra teleports.

Pattern 5 is pretty much complete - the central strip is full of SAMs and teleports for aircraft, and the rest is one long loop to keep the ground craft occupied until they're toasted. Once you get the loop technique right, you can concentrate your cash on SAMs and just exhaust the ground stuff.

Happy New Year!

Geof
    Mikeyz and williamn like this.
  15. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member

geelling,

I do a similar setup to you, but I do it in reverse. So the maze section is at the exit and not the entrance.
    The advantage of this is because different units move at different speeds, they will be spread out by the time they reach my maze and it will be way more effective because there will be more shooting time.
  16. As an alternative to robodefense, has anyone tried tower raiders beta? Its on the market and is pretty good.
  17. Drummynator

Drummynator Member

i'm really thinking about getting the full version, but if i were to buy it would my points and achievements be copied over from the free one to the full one?
  18. mgandroid

mgandroid New Member

Titan will show up only on achiving certain bonus score...around 125 I guess.

Suggested strategy: play a game at a lower level where you don't let any enemy pass through to the other side. Otherwise, bonus will revert back to the starting bonus number.

More acheivements you have, higher is your starting bonus number.
  19. unsmart3d

unsmart3d Member

Yes.
  20. Wouldcarver

Wouldcarver Member

Total newbie here, just started playing the game, and really like it. Have a couple of questions for you guys.

1) I have seen some threads about selling off towers in round 100, but when I try that, the enemy bots sense it as an opening and back up...which brings me to my next question...
    2) Why doesn't your money roll over from one level to the next? I need money right away to upgrade and build SAMs, but starting over at $0 makes it tough.

Am I doing something wrong here? There doesn't seem to be any basic ops manual or beginners instructions that I can find.

Thanks for your help.

Wouldcarver
  21. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Your money stops rolling over after level 3 in the demo so download the full game :)
  22. Wouldcarver

Wouldcarver Member

BTW, I am using the fully paid version of the game.

Thanks

Wouldcarver
  23. unsmart3d

unsmart3d Member

In the last round, I only sell off towers after the bots pass them. When there's only a few bots left, I tend to sell them a little quicker, but use some judgment. If you open up a faster route to the exit, the bots will find it.

First, you should be starting with at least $20 even with no Starting Cash Reward. If you need to start with more, spend your rewards points by increasing your starting cash reward. I'm at level 28 and get an extra $140 at the beginning of the round.
  24. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I love this game. Level 280 with 8 achievements left to go. (Factory 10, 25.. Courtyard 10, 25, and the VRs)
  25. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

We should make a leader board on here as long as you dont tell porkies :p