• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Robo Defense

1000 Done! Unfortunately, it does not end at a thousand.

http://robodefensepictures.shutterfly.com/38

You have got to me kidding me. My whole plan was to stop playing this game after I reached 1000 and take like a 4 month break. What's next? 10,000?

Congrats on breaking the 1000 mark though. I definitely thought i'd have more time to get to that point but i've had to work Saturday and today which slowed me down tremendously.

And I know what you are saying about having to watch every single level to make sure everything is in order. I beat 950 now and only lost 16 guys. Still haven't been any where close to seeing a titan since maybe the early 700's.

They really need to advise on how many levels there actually are in this game.

Upvote 0
You have got to me kidding me. My whole plan was to stop playing this game after I reached 1000 and take like a 4 month break. What's next? 10,000?

Congrats on breaking the 1000 mark though. I definitely thought i'd have more time to get to that point but i've had to work Saturday and today which slowed me down tremendously.

And I know what you are saying about having to watch every single level to make sure everything is in order. I beat 950 now and only lost 16 guys. Still haven't been any where close to seeing a titan since maybe the early 700's.

They really need to advise on how many levels there actually are in this game.

I sent an email to the developer asking if there is an end. I'll let you know if he replies.

Upvote 0
So, I've tried building and arming teleports in the flight path and I've yet to see one work on anything but land units. Is there a trick to make teleports work on fliers?

The only way teleports work on flying units is if they are in the center of the map where the units fly. As long as they fly right over it, it will teleport them back to the beginning. This becomes a necessity in the later levels so i'd get used to using them and reloading them quickly.

Upvote 0
My paid version of the game has developed a problem saving games. Saving once worked without fail. If I press "Menu" during a game and then press "Save and Quit" when I resume the game is a new game rather than the point where I saved. It seems if I just press the "Back" button or "Home" it saves my game and allows me to resume. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? BTW, I am running on a G1 with version 1.6 of Android.

Upvote 0
My paid version of the game has developed a problem saving games. Saving once worked without fail. If I press "Menu" during a game and then press "Save and Quit" when I resume the game is a new game rather than the point where I saved. It seems if I just press the "Back" button or "Home" it saves my game and allows me to resume. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? BTW, I am running on a G1 with version 1.6 of Android.

I honestly have never used the Save and Quit option in Robo Defense. I used to use the back button and returned to my game when I needed and only rarely was there an issue. I've started hitting the home key now and I haven't seen an error since. Might want to just go with that method.

Upvote 0
Lupis Labs got back to me today regarding an end to this game;

"There is no level limit.

Regards,

Lupis Labs"

First one to get to level one million gets a beer on me!

There has to be some kind of limit due to space limitations set by the developers in the coding.

Can't they just make the max level by like 2,000 or something attainable and have everything be a titan?

Upvote 0
I just killed the Titan at on VR A0003 at level 51-79, that was no big deal. Why even both, hes slow and weak. They need to update this game and make harder enemies. And an END would be nice. After reading all these posts, this game seems endless with all the different hardness levels and the VR levels as well.

Great game!!!

Upvote 0
I just killed the Titan at on VR A0003 at level 51-79, that was no big deal. Why even both, hes slow and weak. They need to update this game and make harder enemies. And an END would be nice. After reading all these posts, this game seems endless with all the different hardness levels and the VR levels as well.

Great game!!!

Don't worry about the difficulty of the game. If you keep playing and get yourself up into the 500 plus levels, you'll have plenty of a challenge keeping those jeeps and fighters under control;)

Upvote 0
There has to be some kind of limit due to space limitations set by the developers in the coding.

Can't they just make the max level by like 2,000 or something attainable and have everything be a titan?

Not necessarily. I doubt they went in and made each level one by one. Rather they probably just plug the level number into some formula to determine the number of units and their health for each level. If this is how the game was made, I don't see how it would ever end...... :eek:

Upvote 0
A 32 bit signed integer can hold base 10 values from −2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647. If they made the level counter unsigned, it would go all the way to +4,294,967,295. So my bet is either one of those numbers is the highest attainable level.

If you could play one game a second, nonstop, it would take you about 63 years to get through 2 billion levels.

Upvote 0
Just completed level 1010 and got a perfect game. I got lucky that they didn't send a mass wave of all fighter jets because I wouldn't have been able to take that out. I had 5100 money left over and got over 55M points for that one game.

I did however notice a flaw in the system still referring to money some times showing as negative. When my points were accumulating for that game and they were adding them all up, the total amount of points was going back and forth between positive and negative signs. Don't think it caused any issues though.

Upvote 0
I have reached a point of utter frustration with this game! I'm at 50 achievements (minor problem: how does one save up $5000???), and have everything upgraded between 25 and 28. Mines and Teleport tower are unlocked.

I have worked through Basic, Factory, and Ruins up to level 120, and now I'm working on the Courtyard layout. My major problem: I cannot get past 60. I have tried various arrangements and combinations of defenses, but am getting no where.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones