Robot Control from Android Device

Last Updated: 2011-05-10 05:46:53
  1. enzwthom

enzwthom New Member

Hi All,

We are a group of senior electrical engineers in the midst of a substantial design project. We are constructing a robotic device that is currently controlled from a C# GUI running on a PC (communication over Serial to USB to the robotic device). We have enough expertise but are short on time, thus looking for some outside help. We essentially need a simple multi-button GUI that will send commands to a C# application. (Simple web server needed would be our best guess). If you have experience piping web server commands into a native C# application and with linking Android apps to a simple server and are willing to help, let us know.

Thanks,
    Team Where's Powers

Advertisement
  2. Aselby

Aselby Active Member

and would you like to pay for this development ?
  3. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

If you are in a hurry I suggest that you buy the Salling Clicker software and a compatible phone, e.g. Symbian or PALMOS. This is the only framework that I know of which has the power you require.

This is especially true if your C# environment can be controlled via COM/OLE
  4. jodbot

jodbot Member

Hi,

I'm interested in helping with this app.

I'm proficient at PHP and Android development, however C# is not something I know a smidgen about. (Or developing windows apps, for that matter).

However, if another developer with c# experience wants to fetch the data from the server (using an open connection for the server to push data)?

It would be nice if I had some sort of incentive though, any suggestions welcome (I'd settle for a really, really nice chocolate bar)
  5. MaximG1234

MaximG1234 New Member

Hi enzwthom,

I've recently completed a preliminary version of the exact software you require. Basically a generic C# socket server and a Java Android client.

Its still in prototype stage (Looking to create an open source library using this code) but could definitely accomplish sending some basic commands back and forth or at least get you started in the right direction.

If you're interested in the code shoot me through an email on [m a x i m g @ iinet.net.au] and Ill send through.

Don't need anything expect if you improve the code send it back to me so I can use it. :)