Rock band real guitars

Last Updated:

1. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i am excited about how they are bringing in real guitars into the mix...my question/concern...ive been learning guitar for a year now...left handed...does anybody know if they will come out with a left handed version of that fender squier?

Advertisement
  2. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member

I haven't heard any news about it either way. Although it might be possible that the fake guitar that has 6 buttons for each fret might have a setting to be used left handed. IDK for sure though.

Either way I'm pretty excited about the move to more realistic instruments, specifically the drums. I just want symbols!

3. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Well, they needed some strong innovation for those guys. There you have it, will be both for normal players *wave hand* but also for people that want it to be much harder. So I'm pretty happy with the change to be honest. :)

4. Vonph

Vonph Active Member

I'd be very surprised if they did a lefty version, but you could always do a Hendrix and restring it. ;)

5. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I'll try to upload a video of my buddy trying one at E3 tomorrow...Seemed pretty cool. He is a musician though and said it was still really difficult to play the game (it wasn't Rockband though)....

6. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

if that was my only option then i would definitely do it...but my only concern is that apparently they built some kind of sensors (the fender squier version) into the neck to tell the game where your fingers are fretting so if i do get it restrung i doubt i could also change the settings or arrangement of those sensors

7. Vonph

Vonph Active Member

Oh yeah, good point. It did look like the sensors were on the underside of the neck on a video I saw. Fingers crossed they do a lefty version, maybe on special order direct, rather than in stores. Could be more expensive.

I'm intrigued now and want to know the answer myself. Will keep an eye out.