Rockchip tablet - issue with recognizing microSD card - PLEASE HELP !!!!

Last Updated:

1. crazypalms

crazypalms New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Rockchip Android tablet from Amazon:

Amazon.com: 7 Touch Tablet Internet Media Player 2Gb Google Android Os - ROCKCHIP CPU: Computer & Accessories

7 Touch Tablet Internet Media Player 2Gb Google Android Os - ROCKCHIP CPU

After a few days, the tablet does not recognize any microSD card; tried 2 cards - 2GB and 16GB; it keeps saying "NO SD Card found". The settings menu says "Unmount SD card" and clicking on it has no effect.

The microSD cards work fine in a PC, no problems; just the android tablet is not able to recognize it. Tried rebooting the tablet several times in vain, but still not working. Reformatted the microSD card in FAT32 File format, but still does not work.

I am hoping someone here can help me with this. The tablet is pretty much useless without the microSD card support as internal memory is very very low.

Thanks a lot!
    -Crazy

Advertisement
  2. satoris.z10x

satoris.z10x New Member

On my Wits A81E with Android 2.2, I had to pull down my taskbar and select the USB connection, then go to "Turn on USB storage". Then I was able to format with the "HPUSBFW.EXE" I got from wits. Also, I formatted into FAT, not FAT32

3. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

sorry i dont have the issue [​IMG]

4. Ronza

Ronza New Member

I have the same problem. Just bought the new X-10 Airpad. Works great...BUT it also has Rock Chip. MFCTR, x-10 says it will accept a 32GB micro SD. however... when Inserted my 32GB Sandisk microSD, into the over-sized SD slot, the tablet could not recognize it. Then it took me hours, just to get the damn thing out of the slot, because the entire disk was submerged...no way to push and release. What a mess.
    Also saw a post on You tube saying Adndroid devices cannot format a 32GB micro card. Had to return it to Amazon for a refund. :(

Ronza