3. Poor, I wouldn't use it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Crap, I won't use it, ever.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

JRT Studio's Rocket Music Player (A free music app in the android market) is going to be releasing a new version at the end of June to coincide with Google I/O. The new player will be receiving new features that we are very excited about.

We would love to hear feedback on our player.

Give it a try, tell us what you think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer

Advertisement
    :
  2. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

A few very minor things (such as I'd love to have the "shuffle" and "repeat all" settings on a playlist carry over, and for a shuffle list have it start at a random track instead of popping up the list and I have to scroll around to pick the track I want to start at), but overall I very much like the player.
  3. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Where's the list of formats it will play?
  4. Seanette

Good question. As much as I like this developer (I use several of his apps and have swapped e-mail with him a few times), documentation can be a little sparse :). I'm sure he'll notice this thread and chime in. Very responsive. :)
  5. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

The list of formats that Rocket Player can play are listed here:

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

Rocket Player uses your device's media scanner to display the files - If your formatting is not available in Rocket Player, it is not available in the media scanner, or in the stock player.
    Seanette likes this.
  6. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

I agree, this would be a good feature request Seannette! I will catalog this with our development team.

As far as the documentation to our apps, I do want to point everyone towards our blog JRT Studio and website, Welcome | JRT Studio. If you want to email us at iSyncr@Jrtstudio.com or MusicPlayer@Jrtstudio.com we generally respond back within 24 hours as Seannette knows ;)
  7. Seanette

I greatly appreciate the info, since I didn't know that (my prior computer experience is basically Windows/iOS, and there you can get different apps using different accepted formats).

You might want to fix that link, though. ;) (I did in the quote.)
    SeaBreeze87 likes this.
  8. Seanette

Didn't know you were on the team over there, SeaBreeze. :)

You guys do a great job, don't misunderstand, I'm just still adjusting from an iPod and keep finding little things that it had that Rocket doesn't yet. :)
  9. Any good vedio player to recommend?
  10. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

11. mrburt

mrburt Member

Hi,
    I really want to try this app but whenever I try to open it I get "unfortunately, Rocket Player has stopped." i can't seem to figure out the problem, any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
  12. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

Please email me at MusicPlayer@JRTStudio.com and I can get this working for you. I generally try to answer within 12-24 hours of receiving, if I don't get to you right away, I will within a day.
  13. Rang3r

Rang3r Member

Good!)
  14. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

OP, I've moved your thread over the Application Announcements area for you.

Cheers and good luck with you new app!

-SA
    SeaBreeze87 likes this.
  15. GSlenk

GSlenk New Member

Lock screen issues on LTE bothe rooted and stock phones.

Im not a fan of the Rocket player oversized/complicated lockscreen. All I want is foreward, backward, and pause/play. Maybe an album art.

The rocket player type screen works, but I also hate having to unlock twice and its ugly.

The default type lock screens are buggy, and sometimes dont work. Also they do not have a previous track button.
  16. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Member

Thanks for the feedback on the lock screen!

Here are some thoughts:
    With Android 4.0 and later, we support the default lock screen, which is usually clean and simple, but up to the manufacturer. (On the Galaxy Nexus, it does have the previous button).

Originally RMP was released where you didn't have to unlock twice. The outcry was huge over security concerns. In the future, we are looking at giving the user the choice.
  17. aysiu

aysiu Well-Known Member

I had lockscreen issues on my Galaxy Nexus (4.0.4) using the default lock screen. It would work fine for a few songs, and then disappear, even though Rocket Player was still in the status bar playing.

For feature requests: shuffle instead of random.
  18. light touch

light touch Member

Before I try out this music player has the shuffle or random function been added yet ?
  19. Seanette

It's had shuffle for quite some time.