• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rocket Music Player V 2.0

Rocket Music Player is

• Excellent, would not change a thing

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Good, but needs some tweaks

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Poor, I wouldn't use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crap, I won't use it, ever.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeaBreeze87

Feb 9, 2012
JRT Studio's Rocket Music Player (A free music app in the android market) is going to be releasing a new version at the end of June to coincide with Google I/O. The new player will be receiving new features that we are very excited about.

We would love to hear feedback on our player.

Give it a try, tell us what you think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer

A few very minor things (such as I'd love to have the "shuffle" and "repeat all" settings on a playlist carry over, and for a shuffle list have it start at a random track instead of popping up the list and I have to scroll around to pick the track I want to start at), but overall I very much like the player.

I agree, this would be a good feature request Seannette! I will catalog this with our development team.

As far as the documentation to our apps, I do want to point everyone towards our blog JRT Studio and website, Welcome | JRT Studio. If you want to email us at iSyncr@Jrtstudio.com or MusicPlayer@Jrtstudio.com we generally respond back within 24 hours as Seannette knows ;)

Upvote 0
The list of formats that Rocket Player can play are listed here:

Android Supported Media Formats | Android Developers

Rocket Player uses your device's media scanner to display the files - If your formatting is not available in Rocket Player, it is not available in the media scanner, or in the stock player.

I greatly appreciate the info, since I didn't know that (my prior computer experience is basically Windows/iOS, and there you can get different apps using different accepted formats).

You might want to fix that link, though. ;) (I did in the quote.)

Reactions: SeaBreeze87
Upvote 0
I agree, this would be a good feature request Seannette! I will catalog this with our development team.

As far as the documentation to our apps, I do want to point everyone towards our blog JRT Studio and website, Welcome | JRT Studio. If you want to email us at iSyncr@Jrtstudio.com or MusicPlayer@Jrtstudio.com we generally respond back within 24 hours as Seannette knows ;)

Didn't know you were on the team over there, SeaBreeze. :)

You guys do a great job, don't misunderstand, I'm just still adjusting from an iPod and keep finding little things that it had that Rocket doesn't yet. :)

Upvote 0
Lock screen issues on LTE bothe rooted and stock phones.

Im not a fan of the Rocket player oversized/complicated lockscreen. All I want is foreward, backward, and pause/play. Maybe an album art.

The rocket player type screen works, but I also hate having to unlock twice and its ugly.

The default type lock screens are buggy, and sometimes dont work. Also they do not have a previous track button.

Upvote 0
Lock screen issues on LTE bothe rooted and stock phones.

Im not a fan of the Rocket player oversized/complicated lockscreen. All I want is foreward, backward, and pause/play. Maybe an album art.

The rocket player type screen works, but I also hate having to unlock twice and its ugly.

The default type lock screens are buggy, and sometimes dont work. Also they do not have a previous track button.

Thanks for the feedback on the lock screen!

Here are some thoughts:
With Android 4.0 and later, we support the default lock screen, which is usually clean and simple, but up to the manufacturer. (On the Galaxy Nexus, it does have the previous button).

Originally RMP was released where you didn't have to unlock twice. The outcry was huge over security concerns. In the future, we are looking at giving the user the choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones