1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockplayer randomly stops working - sd card format to fix

Last Updated:

1. stonemikey

stonemikey New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 8, 2010
    I have rockplayer running on my htc desire. when it works it seems to be an excellent media player but i've been having one major issue, in that it regularly stops working!

media files (xvid avi) are stored on my 16gb sd card. rockplayer will play a file, or sometimes two or three, and then stop working. the next time i try to play a file the screen simply goes black and i have to force close the program. this behaviour continues until i reformat the sd card and copy the videos back on, at which point it will work again for a short while and then stop again.

this is very frustrating. no amount of rebooting, trying different files, force closing etc etc seems to work. once the problem occurs, the only way i have found to get it working again is to reformat the sd card.

i am relatively tech savvy and i'm happy to tweak things and try things but i am new to android so my question is: has anyone else encountered these problems with rockplayer? (i haven't found anything from searching.) and also, is there anything i can do to log the problem and see what is happening? i can't even work out if it is an os problem, an app problem, a phone problem or an sd card problem!

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    If it was an SD card problem it seems like other apps that rely on data on the SD card would exhibit similar issues.