Rogers Data Plan

1. Champmoney

Champmoney Active Member

Hello, I got this phone new from Telus and then got it unlocked. I'm currently with Rogers. I want to put a data plan on my account to access with my HTC Hero. They say since it's not a Rogers phone it won't work or it can't happen.

Does anyone have a Hero working with a data plan from Rogers?

If so, is it 3G speed?

How did you go about in getting this? They told me to try a friends sim with Rogers that has a data plan and the hero should automatically should get the settings. That didn't work for me.

If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You

Advertisement
  2. dsu

dsu New Member

3. Champmoney

Champmoney Active Member

Well i took the sim from my wifes BB and put the settings in. I worked perfectly. Very fast i might add. Thank you very much for yr help.

I can believe Rogers. The only thing they want is for you to buy phones from them. I'm still paying for a service. Just not the phone. STUPID i tell ya
  4. dsu

dsu New Member

glad i could help, simple things like that i can help out but more complicated things (like rooting) i cant. haha ive been trying to figure that for for a while now lol
  5. Champmoney

Champmoney Active Member

DSU i need yr help again. My MMS isn't working. I created an APN under the Rogers one for MMS. Is that where the settings go. To clear up i have Rogers APN with a green dot next to it for my Data. Under that I have Rogers MMS Apn with no green dotnext to it. Is that right? Need help