Rogers HTC Magic ATT 3gSupport

Last Updated:

1. SpoonerPS3

SpoonerPS3 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys. I recently got an unlocket Rogers HTC Magic(upgraded from iphone:D) and well...I'm LOVING it so far! The problem is that I'm in US and havn't seen the 3g icon. I currently don't have a PDA plan but a Unlimited Media Net plan that I was using with another PDA phone but doesn't work on the Magic. I'm willing to upgrade to a PDA plan but if I can't have 3g...Well I know I can, since Rogers and ATT use the same 3g frequency but the real question is why I havn't seen the icon?

Any help is apreciated. Thanks!

BTW, yes. I'm in a 3g area. :)

Advertisement
  2. SpoonerPS3

SpoonerPS3 Member This Topic's Starter

All right. Got it to work, kind of. Edge and HSPA icons only appear when using the browser or any other application that uses data. When I open them, I get an icon with an E or H(depending of Edge or HSPA) with an up and down arrows(HSUPA and HSDPA I guess). Loving this phone every second!:D

3. adamantivm

adamantivm New Member

Hi Spooner,

I'm seriously considering getting a Rogers-version HTC Magic as well. I'm in Argentina and here the HSDPA bands are the same that Rogers uses (850/1900).

I've been surfing the web endlessly and the information that I see doesn't seem clear to me as to whether the Rogers version of the HTC Magic actually does have the 3G bands altered for the Rogers (and apparently AT&T) networks.

Are you saying then from your own experience that you actually did get the Rogers HTC Magic to work on the 850 or 1900 HSDPA bands? I would appreciate any clarification that you can provide from your experience.

Thanks!

4. media_dude

media_dude New Member

I found this site claims to have an unlocked version with the 850/1900 freq.

HTC G2 Magic / MyTouch (US 3G)

I was looking into getting it myself, but I have been holding out to see what others phones may roll out. I have AT&T myself.