Rogers Launches Samsung Galaxy Spica

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Only a week ago we told you that Rogers would be getting the Samsung Galaxy Spica in late March but it looks like the carrier is ramping up their Android game, adding another member to their robot fleet today. That’s right – the Galaxy Spica has come early – a pleasant surprise!The Galaxy Spica [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

The price is right. Too bad it's running 1.5 without any UI enhancements. A good alternative to the Magic+ I suppose.

Still waiting for the Xperia X10 though.

3. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

The Spica is (supposedly) getting 2.1 in March/April. The Xperia X10 comes with 1.6, which means it will probably be Autumn or later before they get round to updating it to 2.1, assuming they do it at all.

Personally, I prefer it not to have UI enhancements installed by the manufacturer. I can just add the ones I want myself

4. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

hopefully manufacturers will figure this out. Just focus on the hw specs, leave the software features & upgrades to Google & open source community. They're reall investing time & money into something that Android customers don't care much for. MotoBlur? Sense UI? all cripple Android's upgradability.