• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rogue Voice Recorder Message

deener93

Lurker
Nov 30, 2011
Several months ago I used the native Voice Recorder app on my LG Optimus T to record a brief memo. Even though I deleted it shortly thereafter, at random intervals, several times a day, the memo will play itself. I have taken the phone in to TMobile, they've done a scan but no file seems to be lurking behind the scenes that they can find.

Of course I've turned off the phone. I've tried removing the battery.

This is a native app and I can't uninstall it -- the last thing I've thought might get rid of the rogue message. Has anyone else had this ghost in the machine issue? Help?

Btw, I'm a tech novice, so please use layman terms that the average 'Joe' would understand, if you have any advice. Thanks!

You'd need to know the files name to find it. If your phone is rooted then you can remove it with Titanium Backup Pro. That's the best way to find it and delete it. You could also uninstall the program too at that point if you wanted. Right now all you can do is to make another recording and see where the file is kept and try to track it down that way. If you saved the file to the SD card then it's possible to possibly view it on your computer if you have a SD viewer on your computer. If I have some time later this week I'll see if I have the program on my phone, and try to find where the files are kept.

Reactions: deener93
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones