Rolling back to HTC Sense

Last Updated:

1. darrenbrown507

darrenbrown507 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Desire, which was originally from T-Mobile UK, but is working on O2 UK. I surprised myself and managed to root the phone and installed a version of opendesire. I would like to roll the phone back to the htc sense rom, but I keep getting confused with the variouos posts relating to this subject. Is there a basic guide any where for rolling back?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

3. darrenbrown507

Thanks, I will have a go, but I would still be interested in getting the phone back to irs original state, just in case I have to....

4. Niiiceg

Niiiceg Well-Known Member

I use LeeDrOiD v2.2b too :] Very good ROM :)

5. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Don't suppose you made a note of the ROM on your phone before rooting? I ask because you'll either have a T-Mobile branded phone OR a generic Desire and you'd need the right version for your phone to get back to stock.

6. diggerbucket

diggerbucket Active Member

You can't "roll it back", you have deleted that original ROM from your phone. You need to find another ROM, which has HTC sense, and flash that to your phone. You managed it once, should be easier to figure it out a second time, you just need to pick the ROM you want :D

7. lob

lob Well-Known Member

You can "roll back"... I've seen a thread about it somewhere....
    But its best just to just flash a sense ROM.

8. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

If you really want to get it back to its original state, i.e. manufacturer branded firmware and unrooted, then you need an RUU. You can find these for various ROMs (including UK T-mobile, if yours was originally branded) at Shipped ROMs. A quick browse for "RUU" in this forum (or better, the root sub-forum) will tell you how to use it - I've never done so, so can't speak from experience.

Note that this will unroot and re-brand, which is what you want if you want to return the phone to the manufacturer, but probably not what you want otherwise (I'm pretty sure it will wipe your data too, so backup before using).

If you just want something like a stock Sense ROM but without T-Mob branding I'd recommend [ROM] [18/10] Pre-rooted Stock Froyo (2.10.405.2) [Optional mods] - xda-developers. If you want Sense with more extras and customisations built in, as you'll have seen from the rest of this thread LeeDroid has many fans :)

9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Semantics. You cannot click a "roll back" button.

You can either flash a custom rom or you can use an RUU to flash an official rom. Neither are using a backup to restore it to its previous state. You are putting it to a new state that just happens to be the same as a state it had been previously.

10. darrenbrown507

Thanks everyone for their input. i will keep the stock RUU ROM in mind should I need to go back that far. I amanged to download and install LeeDroid, whils driving home from work yesterday. Rom manager is very easy to use. has anyone got any great tips about the extra's installed with Leedroid??