• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] 08/02/10 Froyo with HTC Sense (Build Number 3.17.605.0)

pretty sure there are 2 links for this already here. didnt like it because it requires the wipe instead of allowing you to choose to wipe. plus they removed a ton of stuff. there is a thread here with all the stuff in it and it doesnt require a wipe.

http://androidforums.com/roms-incredible/140142-rom-second-wave.html

I might be reading it wrong, but I'm pretty sure he says to do a wipe before installing it. You should anytime you install a different ROM.

Upvote 0
Further proof (to me at least) that Froyo will officially be coming soon to the Inc. If this has the keyboard hide button as the story implies I may have to try this ROM.

Not to shoot you down but it's hard to believe this is truth that froyo is coming soon seeing as I came from the Eris where I ran "leaked 2.1" for 6 months before it was officialy released.

Upvote 0
Reminds me of my BlackBerry days. F5 all day long and constantly unpacking, sorting, modifying, and repacking OS versions to try and get the best setup for my phone.

Then again, isn't that why we are using the premiere, open-source OS out there?

It is open-source. But, since the carriers want to add stuff to it, making it become not-so-open-source.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones