About CleanROM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features

Removed

Changes in Version 1.6 - 1/28/2012

[​IMG]

Thanks to
    Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

Advertisement
    scotty85, tadlock2699, Zahav and 7 others like this.
  2. scrosler

scrosler Well-Known Member Developer

Special Notes

Prerequisites:
    Instructions to flash:

Change Log:
    Removed Apps:
  3. scrosler

Im very excited to introduce CleanROM 1.2!

Changes in this Version:

[​IMG]

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)
  4. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

Thanks for your hard work on ROM development. I suspect now that we are unlocked things will pick up steam rather quickly!

I love sense and basic basic ROMs so this looks like the one for me. Your instructions mention the recommendation of not backing up from prior ROMs (which I get) however; if I am coming off of a stock (albeit unlocked/rooted) ROM, I'd rather just run TiBU and use that after I install your CleanROM. Do you think I'd have any problems if I did that or would I be OK? This would be the 3rd or 4th time I will have had to set my phone up from scratch; I'd REALLY rather use TiBU if you know what I mean!!!

Thanks again for your ROM work and appreciate your thoughts when you can.
  5. novakrj

novakrj Member

Scrosler: Ditto what turbomentor said. I have used your products the last few days and really appreciate your work. If things weren't so "tight" because of the holidays, I would show my appreciation in a tangible way. For now, thanks very much for what you do.

Similar question...When I installed Cleanrom1.1, I did a wipe before I installed. Do I need to wipe again going from 1.1 to 1.2? Starting from square one is getting...tedious.
  6. scrosler

Well, as long as you dont go too crazy and back up the entire system and try to restore it (yes people do that) you will probably be OK. If you see rand issues then you know your TIB is not going to work. The only advice I can give is this....

Try to restore your data... If you have problems then do a full wipe, clean install and re-set up all apps.

If your coming from 1.1 to 1.2 you can wipe cache and dalvik. But...... Becuase the way the ROM provisions on first boot after fresh flash you will keep the VZW tab in the launcher. And you will still have quick boot. If thats not an issue to you then dirty flash it. If you want that damn VZW tab gone then full wipe is required. I cant figure out how to force provision the ROM other than a complete wipe :mad:
  7. novakrj

novakrj Member

Thanks Scott. I ended up doing a full wipe/reset yesterday and then flashed 1.2. Works great:) I think my favorite new feature is the 4 in 1 Restart menu.

My wifi tether is not working but it must be something in my settings because Open Garden tether from the Market doesn't work either, and that one worked after I unlocked and rooted.

Thanks for everything.
    scrosler likes this.
  8. scrosler

With the WiFi tether that I included in the ROM you need to set MSS Clamping and then Set Routing Fix.

After you do that it shoudl be good to go. I tested it that way and it was fine for me. But I also pay for hotspot so....
  9. novakrj

novakrj Member

That did it....thank you.
  10. scrosler

Good stuff! Dont froget to hit thanks when someone helps you!
  11. scrosler

CleanROM 1.3 is Now Up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Too bad benchmarks don't mean anything, right? lol)

[​IMG]

Changes in Version 1.3 - 1/7/2012

You know the drill....

If you like it hit Thanks! If you love it hit Donate
    rcrott1 and jeff0r3 like this.
  12. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Well-Known Member

Love the ROM..

Scrosler, just found a problem that I need some help with.. When I go to send a txt message, I usually just type like the first couple of letters of someones name, and the phone will give the examples... like for example Crystal, I would type cry and the name would pop up with a number. For some reason on this rom, that isn't happening.. Any help?
    scrosler likes this.
  13. scrosler

Yep, your right. I will have to take a look at that.
    jeff0r3 likes this.
  14. scrosler

I found the bug. Its not really a bug but by design... What happens is to speed up the databases the auto complete function is disabled. It adds drastic perforamnce gains but you loose that feature. I can make a pack to revert the db libraries tonight but that will be an optional function to flash.
  15. jeff0r3

Cool... A must have for me!! Awesome to have a Dev so quick to fix a bug!! It's like the OG days for me again!!!
    scrosler likes this.
  16. scrosler

I updated the OP to reflect the following:

Special Notes
    Going forward I will have that file on the SD card or contemplate putting it back to stock and putting the tweaked version on the SD Card.

With the stock libs I was still hitting about 3K even in Quads....

You guys be the judges... Pure power or Auto Name Suggestion?
    jeff0r3 likes this.
  17. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

Pure power
    scrosler likes this.
  18. scrosler

19. jeff0r3

Wow... I wouldnt have thought it would slow it down that much.. thanks for taking the time to fix that!
  20. scrosler

Yeah, the whole OS is database driven so depending on your database libraries you can really affect perforamnce. And the changes in this library to remove the auto name suggestion makes it HAUL ASS.

But with the other tweaks I got in here... Even going back to stock libs its still damn fast for a stock kernel and faster than any other version I have made.
  21. leroybrute

leroybrute Well-Known Member

How about a cf-bench and nenamark? :D
  22. scrosler

Never tried those but what does it score stock?
  23. leroybrute

leroybrute Well-Known Member

The best I have gotten stock nenamark is 54.4. I have screens of antutu and cf-bench.

2011-12-18_10-03-25.jpg

2011-12-07_22-48-38 (1).jpg
  24. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

Scott - Why can't I find the download for CleanROM 1.3? On the Downloads page I find only as far as 1.2. Thorne
  25. scrosler

Its there! Sounds like you mike be looking in the Archived ROM Builds.

[​IMG]