• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] 1.6 w/root, barnacle wifi tether and take5 Final | Behold 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bearsfan85 thanks for all your hard work, and all the rest of you eschnit81 microhaxo BH_Man and nu11u5. I really like this last rom 1.6 tweaked with take 5, I want to see you guys continue doing more tweaking on this rom like so we have one dialer and I LOVE THE CONTACTS, its great, and also maybe we should get BH_MAN (Eugene373) involved in helping creating aps2sd. He is the one that have done it before. I know he don't have behold 2 anymore, but he knows how to make it work. Thanks you guys for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
Just a quick question for you guys out there. I have rooted my BH2 and loaded this ROM (Port) Behold 2 1.6 ( No Twiz w/ Busybox & Rooted Kernel ). When I try and load this ROM in ODIN it says the wrong image file. I am putting it in the PDA section of ODIN. Am I missing something? Thanks again for awesome work for the BH2!

Upvote 0
update:

To be safe, I flashed to 1.6 OTA (no root) successfully! WooHOOO! My first ever flashing. Sidenote, the phone is twice as fast.

The only I did that I wasn't doing before was checking off "One Package" in Odin's "Option" menu on the left. Perhaps if I'd done that with this package, I'd be rooted and bloatware free?

Please confirm. I'm going to enjoy my upgraded phone for a few hours before I try another upgrade.

Upvote 0
the first replies in this are outdated, go by what it says in the main post, make sure you are flashing the ops file as well, mcyansolo turn off the phone and put into restore mode, vol down, send and end at the same time, you will lose all of your data, or you can try flashing back to a previous rom

Reactions: mcyansolo
Upvote 0
update:

To be safe, I flashed to 1.6 OTA (no root) successfully! WooHOOO! My first ever flashing. Sidenote, the phone is twice as fast.

The only I did that I wasn't doing before was checking off "One Package" in Odin's "Option" menu on the left. Perhaps if I'd done that with this package, I'd be rooted and bloatware free?

Please confirm. I'm going to enjoy my upgraded phone for a few hours before I try another upgrade.

this is only the pda and ops files, dont upgrade to the one from the first I should be getting one out later today, I just need to flash it to the other bh2 in my house to make sure it works properly

Upvote 0
the first replies in this are outdated, go by what it says in the main post, make sure you are flashing the ops file as well, mcyansolo turn off the phone and put into restore mode, vol down, send and end at the same time, you will lose all of your data, or you can try flashing back to a previous rom

I got it into recovery mode. There is BH_Man logo with a green exclamation point. It is reseting to factory mode? How long does it take?

Upvote 0
Got it working.

I put the file in the pda section and flashed. HOwever now when I turn it on I see the boot screens and then it goes black and just stays like that. How long does it take to boot? It has been 5+ min so far.... help?

Should only take around 2 minutes to boot up. Try reflashing. Make sure the checkmark for onepackage is NOT checked.

Reactions: mcyansolo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones