• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][10/15/12] [new ota]ICS TRANQUILITY RLS5 by BAD SEED CUSTOMS

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
This is not my work!!! Originally posted on XDA by fernando sor and posted here with permission from him. Go light up their thanks meter. :)

This looks to be a great ROM with all kinds of features.

As always, check the first few posts on XDA to keep up with all the action
[ROM][10/15/12] [new ota]ICS TRANQUILITY RLS5 by BAD SEED CUSTOMS

Below is a quote of the OP, I will try to keep it updated to follow the one on XDA as updates are announced.

20zvcz9.jpg

Poster_text_v3.png

GREETINGS

This is Badseed customs first official Rom. We are releasing an official Version as we are on over 200 test builds and believe the Rom to be relatively bug free.

This is based off of the latest update build 1.22.651.3.

you must be rooted and unlocked with a custom recovery.

see this thread for more information [Resources]HTC EVO4G LTE Tutorial/Vids ● ROMs ● How 2 Root ● Radios ● More [7/5/12] - xda-developers

Tranquility_Screenshots2.gif

Bad Seed Customs are
fernando sor
jeffsanace
eg1122
slayer69
Steelh
stoney666
vlatinlove
mcluvn
silverxbv2
Trock79

You must do a full wipe before you flash

image%20%282%29.png

ROM FEATURES

Note- please check with us before you flash anything on top of this Rom. some HTC apks can not be decompiled with apktool without throwing performance and other errors. we used an alternate method.

Please do not post original work without permission

1x/3g mod
long press vol skip tracks
long press home = recent apps
recent apps = menu
GPS radio icon hidden
MMS compression disabled
mms max size increased to 5m
browser extended debug menu enabled
roam only mod
MMS backup, MMS secure box, MMS roaming timestamps fixed, MMS forward enabled to email
logging apps and binaries removed
transparent bad seed customs Pandora
people changed to contacts
added "save SMS as task" to messaging
HTC notes app
Msl reader app
added flashlight
added adfree
vibration mod on call connect
choice of 4 keyboards out of the box, badseed theme tracer color on htc keyboard set to default
removed 99.9 percent of android green
theme color is 217797
enabled Camera shutter sound toggle
smooth scrolling mod
disabled signature checks
custom Rosie app drawer image
custom dialer
landscape rosie
custom unlock pattern
removed language packs
build prop tweaks
fully themed rom
ics matte skin set to default
ics stock skin
removed ongoing ime from taskbar
5x6 app drawer layout
7x4 in landscape mode
numerous unlisted changes based on 241 revisions
custom boot animation
Two custom bad seed ringtones
themed ics beats wallpaper in htc wallpapers

on sdcard is alternate rosie for those who want a stock app drawer background

SystemUI

First sense 4.0 Full button remap. lower tabs are gone. tap tranquilty header to go to quick settings and quick settings to go back.
battery in 100%
charge battery in 100%
full sync animation
gps and upload download animation
all custom images
transparent background with all dividers removed

Quick Settings

in order
1.) reboot menu. this is to save wear on the power button. reboot, recovery, bootloader
2.) flashlight toggle with long press to htc flashlight application
3.) Volume with seven volume settings. long press to sound settings
4.) mobile network toggle with long press to network settings
5.) wifi toggle with long press to wifi settings
6.) bluetooth toggle with long press to bluetooth settings
7.) GPS toggle with long press to GPS settings
8.) auto brightness
9.) history and cache cleaner application
10.) auto rotation
11.) silent mode
12.) vibration mod
13.) airplane mode
14.) wifi tether. this is the application not hotspot. set to cdma gnex device and enable routing fix
15.) auto sync
16.) task manager

we can add any app to quick settings and will put different mods out. we also have a few dropdown animation mods we will be posting.

Credits

Bad Seed Customs
Aamikam for helping with long press in quick settings
ihtfp69 for the inspiration for zeus mod and some of his original classes.
runandhide for long press recent apps- even though the original method didnt work for the update we used his code as a guide

See post five and six for mods

I downloaded it last night, gonna nandroid and flash it this morning. This looks pretty sweet.

It is a very nice eye candy ROM. While I like it I also want functionality. This ROM works great however there were a few things I was not liking about it. First there is no quick settings in the notification. It loads up with no file manager (Not a big deal but still nice when they have them)

Aesthetically pleasing but missing some important things if you ask me. Only real issue that I found was a voice mail that would not come in however not sure if this is a rom issue or a network issue. Please download and use this ROM for a day and check it for yourself. A Great ROM its just missing peices IMO. deffinately gota steal some stuff from this one :D

Upvote 0
It is a very nice eye candy ROM. While I like it I also want functionality. This ROM works great however there were a few things I was not liking about it. First there is no quick settings in the notification. It loads up with no file manager (Not a big deal but still nice when they have them)

Aesthetically pleasing but missing some important things if you ask me. Only real issue that I found was a voice mail that would not come in however not sure if this is a rom issue or a network issue. Please download and use this ROM for a day and check it for yourself. A Great ROM its just missing peices IMO. deffinately gota steal some stuff from this one :D

I found that if you tap the bad seed customs header in the drop down that brings up the quicksettings tab.

I nandroided back to meanROM after a few hours with it though.

Upvote 0
I ended up flashing this today. I ran it since this morning.

I like it alot. The themeing isn't over the top, it has quick settings that you access by touching Tranquility in the staus bar, Volume rocker to skip songs.and a few other things.

The only problem I had was I couldn't switch my Keyboard so I flashed in the IME switcher that the have in the OP of XDA.

I'll have a better gauge of battery life after a day or two.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
I think you can change the keyboard if you go into Swype and select input there.

Thanks DW! I thought there was a way to change keyboards but I couldn't figure it out.
I kind of like the switcher in the staus bar. I go between AOSP ICS and JB keyboards for some reason.

My favorite keyboard though is the Classic IME from Tommy. I used to back it up with TB and use it on all of the sense roms on the OG Evo. (Ugh I hate the OG of that. Seems so weird)

I hope Tommy has a good keyboard on his Rom for this phone.;):D
Edit: Oh I have the Classic 0.1.0 running on my Evo 4g right now. It makes a great Mini tablet.

Naters

Upvote 0
I tried the swift key once and didn't like it.
I still have it so I may give it another shot.

I connect my evo 4g to my WiFi and use it like I would if I had a tablet. I get email with it. Use Google talk, play words with friends. Watch YouTube videos, surf the web. Stuff like that. Check xda and here. Really convenient. I just leave it in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi.

I have read that you can make it into a remote for your t.v. and stuff but I don't know how to do that.

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd throw up my current Home screen.

2012-09-10_14-41-52.png

The Gmail icon was just themed and is in the 3rd post of the XDA thread with a lot of other mods!

They've also created a kitchen with all of their mods that you can create zips with and flash onto your phone with their Rom.

I haven't played with it yet but look forward to it.

Upvote 0
The Rom has been updated. RLS 5 is now up.
A few extra things added like a battery bar and Some how where able to make the stock messaging app transparent.
The background for settings is also now black. It looks really nice.

Very nice stuff.

Naters

thanx naters

so here it is. i just edited the title to reflect the new rls

CHANGE LOG 10/15/12
TRANQUILITY RLS5

*Added our custom remapping mod. it is accessed in Settings under Display, gestures & buttons. Here you can select any app in the app drawer for long press home button and long press tranquility. ( the Status bar header)
special thanks to steal25 for adding to settings
*fixed black on black text issues in pin/password unlock
*fixed white on white text in keyboard toggle
*fixed white on white text issues across all htc apps
*fixed black on black text issue when renaming phone in bluetooth.
*increased ram

might have to try this out myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones