[Rom][12-26-11]Stock Rooted ZVB Rom and Kernel

1. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Well-Known Member

Here is the easiest way to return to stock Gingerbread from any rom and kernel. This is the stock system and boot.img.

Advertisement
    :
  2. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

The stock StockZVBRom.zip link gives an error.
  3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

looks good...:p

Make sure it's not set to private, and once i get the file i will upload it to mediafire for just in case.

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.
  4. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, made an update and is reuploading lol.

And it's back
    gbiggie, BRIAN5337, mrpnut and 3 others like this.
  5. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Now this will help, the majority of people who are stuck!!! Great job!..
  6. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

Works like a champ.. Threw on Plague kernel, removed some bloat, threw on a few of my 'needed' apps, and this thing boots up within 1 minute 15 seconds (tried twice and it was right on the money both times) :D Thanks to all involved!!
  7. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

This will not work as I have updated to C...is that correct?
  8. travioso

Correct.. At least not until C can be rooted and you can put CWM on it.. There are are ways to downgrade I've seen but have read mixed results.. Haven't done it myself so YMMV..
  9. mario16

mario16 Well-Known Member

If I download the stock rom do I still need to do a back up of stock rom when I first go into recovery
  10. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

I would make a backup before flashing anything.... it never hurts to have a little extra insurance - just in case. ;)
  11. travioso

+1.. There its always the chance of a bad flash or something happening.. Although slim at times, better safe then sorry.. I find sometimes i forget to back something up from the previous ROM itself sometimes and can go back and get it..
  12. TattooedDroid

TattooedDroid Well-Known Member

Runs smoooooth. can't wait for a CUSTOM stock type rom.
  13. amazin1988

amazin1988 Well-Known Member

i love to help u guys if there is any other way let me know but the one questions i updated my my phone will this bring me back to zvb ?
  14. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

no, zvc cannot be root atm thus cwm cannot be installed in a 'normal' manner.
    gbiggie likes this.
  15. eversleyd

eversleyd Well-Known Member

I am stuck in cwm mod any ifno how to reflash it to stock
  16. starstress

starstress Well-Known Member

Why doesnt it give me the option to sync my contacts when I first flash it and sign in
  17. dubtee

dubtee Well-Known Member

from CMW main screen press /backup and restore/advanced restore/select a backup/restore data

your all set
  18. starstress

starstress Well-Known Member

thanks
  19. eversleyd

eversleyd Well-Known Member

thanks my phone is fix now
  20. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Anyone know of any issues in just removing unwanted apks from the StockZVBRom system folder, then flashing? Im familiar with not removing critical apks and such.
  21. juan12456

juan12456 Well-Known Member

what is this stock rom? is this the one that comes with the phone? the LG one?
  22. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

yup. That one!
  23. androiduser96

androiduser96 Well-Known Member

I installed the ROM the first time I got it and it worked perfectly. I installed again cause something happened and it installed but the bloatware wasn't removed and the kernel was the OEM (1,000GHZ) why is this?
  24. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

this is for complete stock rom, like out of box state. Just download the recovery and the oc kernal and reflash.
    androiduser96 likes this.
  25. gio123

gio123 New Member

would there ever be a root for the ZVC update available in the future?