• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The~Skater~187

Android Expert
Oct 20, 2011
Connecticut
This is a Rom I have been working on. I tried to combine all of the best Non-CM7 stuff we have available for our phone into one Rom. (I will try to get some screen shots up soon)

:cool:This is CWM Flashable Only:cool:

ROM Includes:

System, Cache, Data are formatted to Ext4
Deodex'd
Zipaligned
Root
KoumaKernel 0.1
Carrier IQ removed
Notification Widgets
Reboot options
Gingerbread Keyboard
Swype
Miui Camera
Ice Cream Sandwich Music Player
Download Crutch
Themed a little
Notitifcation transparency enabled
Boot animations enabled
adb enabled on boot
Boost Mobile text removed from lockscreen/notification
RAM Optimization script (by Juwe11)
As well as a few other Tweaks
Working Bash shell

MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACK-UP OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE INSTALL, I CAN"T STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!!

Download Here: 187Mod-beta.zip

To install:

1)Copy the 187Mod-beta.zip file to your sd card, and reboot into recovery.

2)Do a factory reset(with SDcard removed), reboot recovery, wipe Dalvik-Cache, reboot recovery.

3)Once back in recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, then navigate to where you stored the 187MoD, and choose install.

4) Once installation script completes, reboot phone.

5) Once phone is fully booted, you will have to navigate to task manager and manually restart Go Launcher Ex or it will not function properly.

6) You don't have to, but I would recommend doing a factory reset after your first complete boot. Just to make sure nothing from your prior system got left.

Just wanna say thanks to Shabby, Bloodawn, Koumajutsu, Transitoyspace, and Hroark13. Without your guys developments, time, and help, this Rom would not have been possible.

UPDATE:
Should be compatible with any Shabbymod Theme. I just Tested it with Honeycomb 3.0. Working fine!

while gingerbread update has probably attracted everyone's attention having more options is always a good thing. And perhaps you will be able to build a custom gb rom. the learning experiance is always good.

Same thing happened to me, 2 weeks after I put out CyanogenMod

They release EJ06 GB

Well I am glad they did, becuase I will use stuff from it to make my ROM better.

I would try this ROM, but I am just to busy with other things including re-making CM

I am glad to see more devs putting out ROMS

Reactions: The~Skater~187
Upvote 0
Definitely will download and test. I've tried out all the released ROM's so far, though at the moment CM7 is my daily driver. As others have stated, basically more ROM's is like having more food. Who doesn't like or want more food choices.....

Same thing happened to me, 2 weeks after I put out CyanogenMod

They release EJ06 GB

Well I am glad they did, becuase I will use stuff from it to make my ROM better.

I would try this ROM, but I am just to busy with other things including re-making CM

I am glad to see more devs putting out ROMS

Had the feeling you were going this route. Appreciate the heads up. I stand firm in the belief that you releasing CM7 had a direct effect on us getting GB in the first place. The timing is still amazing. And of course the use of your code....priceless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones