• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM 2.1] Bugless Beast v0.8 (ESE53 Base)

Not bad, and doesn't lag nearly as bad when typing replies here...and I'm still on the stock kernel!

Yeah, all the lag typing on this site was caused by the Milestone browser. But it was worth it for the multitouch, IMO.

Anyways, all these new 2.1 ROMs based of ERE25 and ESE53 use the original browser with multitouch enabled by Google. It's much nicer, and there's none of that aliasing when you scroll either.

Upvote 0
A bit OT Fabolous, but have you tried Wuzhenhua player yet? You can find in the Apps section of Alldroid. It's a video player that plays Xvids (as well as 4xm,8bps,aac,ac3,eac3,amv,ape,dca,imc,alas,rm,rmvb ,nuv,ptx,tta,wma,wmv,flic,
flac,flv,g726,h261,h263,h264,mp1,mp2,mp3,mp4,smc,t mv,dvdsub,dvbsub).

Xvids work well and stay in sync, but are a bit choppy (watchable though). Only problem is it's in Chinese...LOL...But it doesn't take much to figure out what buttons do what...

Upvote 0
I thought Pete's 0.5 was based on an OC Kernel not the stock one.

So does that mean that if you use the UPDATE method the Kernel will not change, but with a NANDROID Restore it does?
:thinking:

I used update.zip over the previous v0.4 ERE25 based ROM, and it reverted my kernel back to stock. Had to re-overclock and re-enable JIT. My guess is that the nandroid is the same case.

A bit OT Fabolous, but have you tried Wuzhenhua player yet? You can find in the Apps section of Alldroid. It's a video player that plays Xvids (as well as 4xm,8bps,aac,ac3,eac3,amv,ape,dca,imc,alas,rm,rmvb ,nuv,ptx,tta,wma,wmv,flic,
flac,flv,g726,h261,h263,h264,mp1,mp2,mp3,mp4,smc,t mv,dvdsub,dvbsub).

Xvids work well and stay in sync, but are a bit choppy (watchable though). Only problem is it's in Chinese...LOL...But it doesn't take much to figure out what buttons do what...

Hrm, I have not. I don't actually use my phone to watch too many videos. Maybe I'll give it a try, ty for the heads up.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys.. so then the at the moment the ESE53 gives me a more recent ROM with improvements but I lose 2 screens and go from 5 to 3..

currently I use 4 out of 5 screens.. so I could deal with losing one.. but I did read where some had issues with Swype, which I signed up for the beta and like.. maybe I will do a Nandroid Complete backup tomorrow and try 0.5

Upvote 0
Do you still have JIT enabled? Is it stable with it?

I do. I just switched back to BB from Ultimate. Ultimate was pretty stable with JIT. The only reason I switched to it in the first place was because I got a restart in BB w/ JIT on though...so I dunno.

It hasn't acted up on me yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I think I found out what was causing it to mess up. It usually rebooted when I switched SetCPU profiles. Particularly didn't like switching from 'ondemand' to 'performance'. So I just set all my profiles to used 'ondemand'. Only time will tell if that makes things better.

What exactly is jit and what does it do

Just-in-time compilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, it makes some apps run faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones