• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM 2.1] Bugless Beast v0.8 (ESE53 Base)

Just installed a little while ago and it works great. I'm trying to sign up over at alldroid but their captcha is broken and i cant complete registration. Pete had mentioned in the 0.7 thread that you can pull the livewallpapers.apk file out of a previous nandroid backup and put it in the /system/app folder to get the nexus wallpaper back. I tried doing this and it just causes live wallpapers to FC and i wanted to let him know.

Upvote 0
If we have a previous version of his ERE25 ROM, we should be able to just do an update and are not required to do a full nandroid restore on this correct?

Make sure we pay attention to what he types on each update too.
The 0.6 needed to to be installed over the 0.5 and not lower numbers. So two steps from <0.5 to 0.6.

Also, I was always refreshing his thread, now he has been making new threads for the last couple versions.
Just a heads up.
Nick

Upvote 0
not even going to bother with this update nothing major changed and working smooth on 6

Yeah, it's nothing major, and probably not worth the hassle of reflashing an OC kernel, as well as trimming away some of the garbage (Email, CorpCal, etc.) for most users.

However, this did give me a change to re-do my setup. This time I used Chevy's 5-slot kernel (since I only use 3 stepping speeds anyways 550/800/1000 with 250 min) and re-enabled JIT.

I don't want to jinx it, but I think this may have solved my JIT woes. I've recreated every situation where I would get a reboot with the 10 slot kernel and have yet to get it to crash.

Anyways, for new users, this is a full update.zip and nandroid release, so it won't be like v0.6 where you had to flash 0.5 and then update.zip to 0.6.

Upvote 0
Loving the interactive live wallpapers but i'm not diggin the Neural Network. Is there anyway to go back to the Nexus one?

Pete said:
All I changed was the wallpaper (I run my ROMs too and I just wasn't enjoying the other one).
You can always pull that file out of the previous version and install it, its the LiveWallpapers.apk file.
Talking about his modified Neutral Network but same thing applies. Nexus and Neutral Network are both named LiveWallpapers.apk so one replaces the other.

Upvote 0
Wow, my edit was really tiny. Ha.

I'll go ahead and do a nandroid. Then I'll be 100% sure for updates from then on (I hope). My Titanium lost root and won't get it back (even though I'm still rooted) so hopefully the nandroid update will help.

I had that happen and found a solution for me, might work for you:

In Terminal Emulator try:

1) su

2) mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

3) chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox

4) sync

5) reboot

Type all 5 commands <Return> after each command. That fixed the issue I had with Titanium Backup

Upvote 0
When I try to update using the "depricated" method, it fails. Then I say "allow update" and then try again, and it works just fine.

you always have to first hit allow update before hitting install update

Right, this is a built in feature of SPRecovery to prevent OTA updates from applying over cooked ROMs.

Upvote 0
Talking about his modified Neutral Network but same thing applies. Nexus and Neutral Network are both named LiveWallpapers.apk so one replaces the other.

Right i saw that and posted it 2 posts after my first message. Only problem with that is it doesnt work. Whenever i pull the apk out of 0.6 and put it on 0.8 livewallpaper forcecloses. I found one on the market (Bezier) that i enjoy so its not an issue for me anymore

Upvote 0
Not if you're already on a previous version of BB. Even if you had to wipe though, it would be your last one for awhile, because this thing is so stable and fast its ridiculous! I haven't even OC'ed it yet!

Does this count for Bugless Beast 0.7.5? I've been a little slow in updating since they come out so frequently, but I'm ready to update.zip and just want to make sure that was possible. I couldn't find any other information, just the .zip file. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me.

Upvote 0
Does this count for Bugless Beast 0.7.5? I've been a little slow in updating since they come out so frequently, but I'm ready to update.zip and just want to make sure that was possible. I couldn't find any other information, just the .zip file. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me.

No, that's 2.0.1 based. You have to use the nandroid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones