• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Attachments

• lark-1.jpg
    lark-1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
I was about to come post a public service announcement to check your MD5s since mine didn't match.

But then I realized I checked the sums before finish downloading.

So... please download ALL of the ROM before installing. Thanks :)

Too funny. I can't tell you how many times I did this back in the olden days (like 3 years ago...) and wondered why the sizes were always different then what they were supposed to be!

Upvote 0
I agree with the distasteful changes...however as far as not being well thought out...no lol I'm pretty sure Google knows exactly what they're doing marketing wise and they've made this change for a very specific reason. New device, new app, new technology, who knows, but I'll bet there's something new soon following.

Love that attitude keep it up! ;)

Upvote 0
Morning all! I re flashed B27 this morning after borking my phone last night. The market isn't updating for me but its ok because it works and that's all I care about. What I want is inverted Gmail and Google Talk - anyone know which of our fine devs has just that? Do any of them? Thanks!

Start with travp624 @ rootzwiki. The Rootzwiki site has been having issues lately as I was searching links for you moments ago.

I managed to attach inverted Gmail from my stash. It's the inverted Gmail 4.0.4 which works on B27.

Attachments

• InvertedGMail404.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Well now I'm torn - M4 sounds delicious, but I really hate doing a full wipe coming off the Milestones. What's the consensus?

M4 is the best build of aokp I've run. It's smoother and even more polished than before. The status bar transparency takes a performance hit, but I don't use it. Coming from a full wipe, as always ;)

Upvote 0
As I had a nandroid anyway, I went through the pre-steps for a full wipe, but didn't bother wiping.

I flashed from b26 to M4, just wiping dalvik and cache and so far so good! I'll report back if I run into any weirdness.

YMMV of course, but for those hesitant to wipe, just nandroid and then do the normal upgrade wipes (cache/dalvik) and see if it works for you. If not, you can always nandroid back. Or do what I did and go through backup process for SMS/apps/nandroid then if it does crap out just do a full wipe, flash M4 and restore stuff (or just go back to your bX build). :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones