• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

Well I am still on the 9/29 build and for the most part it works good. Nice to have 4.0.4 on my phone. The only main issue is the phone not ringing only vibrating, but I can deal with that. Text and other notifications seem to have sound. The other issue is I am now getting is the non stop ringing. Sounds like an old fashioned phone ring. This only happens to me when my paid Root Call Blocker app blocks a call. Regular calls don't ring just vibrate. Weird huh? I have tried everything to silence the ring and only a reboot will stop it. I just uninstalled Root Call Blocker. Comcast has a promotion running and they have been trying to call me, but I will just have to manually hang up on them. lol

I don't want to run the latest build due to other issues folks have been posting about. Same with AKOP. There does not seem to be much activity on here lately with CM9. If PhenomX could fix the 2 issues I addressed this Rom would be perfect for me. Thanks to him and everyone else for your work and postings.

same here. I got non-stop ringin on the phone speaker for now.

The ring will start when I turned on the data connection ...
That ring is also reduce ring volume (phone call, multimedia, notification)

but, if I use Wifi for internet, nothing happens (normal).
PhenomX please fix this issue, I really like this ROM ... :)

Upvote 0
same here. I got non-stop ringin on the phone speaker for now.

The ring will start when I turned on the data connection ...
That ring is also reduce ring volume (phone call, multimedia, notification)

but, if I use Wifi for internet, nothing happens (normal).
PhenomX please fix this issue, I really like this ROM ... :)

That sounds more like a virus to me, honestly. I remember my computer would do the same thing from having an active WiFi connection, but having a wired one wouldn't cause it to do that. Turned out to have a malicious adware service that played annoying music streams over WiFi.

Upvote 0
I wish you could stay on one rom make it stable first. This rom is best for me.

You do realize the ICS and JB roms built for this device are built with a gingerbread kernel? What's been done for this device is amazing considering there was no ICS source. In the Dev world this would be considered an RC (release candidate) its better than a beta and it is stable for the most part. There's issues yes but no more than there was with the stock GB IMO.

Upvote 0
Let's not hate on this dude too much. I hope ICS is not abandoned. I too think it is best for me. lol. My phone does not play nice with AOKP. Data is terrible or nonexistent on ICS and JB. I have not tried the CM10 but hope it works well. Having adobe flash is very important to me and I am gonna have to try CM10 and see if it works. If not I am sticking with this one and hope that it comes out of beta some day. I love phenomx's work. Awesome that he can be doing so much work on so many things.

Upvote 0
Let's not hate on this dude too much. I hope ICS is not abandoned. I too think it is best for me. lol. My phone does not play nice with AOKP. Data is terrible or nonexistent on ICS and JB. I have not tried the CM10 but hope it works well. Having adobe flash is very important to me and I am gonna have to try CM10 and see if it works. If not I am sticking with this one and hope that it comes out of beta some day. I love phenomx's work. Awesome that he can be doing so much work on so many things.

Not hating on anyone but people seem to forget how abysmal data was on GB on this device. Not to mention other issues, horrid battery life and so on.

Upvote 0
Big ups to you starkraving for all the time you put into this! I know you were not hating there was an element of humor in my post.

I did a clean reflash of the 9/17 build of this and it cleared up some issues. MMS now working good and no white screens. Still a few hiccups with vibrate and sounds for ringing and notifications but it is intermittent. This is a very serviceable rom. I was setting up my droid wall and noticed that it white lists by default instead of blacklist. I think I might of accidentally been blocking out the data when I tried the AOKP JB and ICS. lol that could of been the reason I was not getting data or wifi to work. I flashed those after developing problems with this rom in hopes it would solve the issues I was having. It is a pain to reset up my phone the way I like it after flashing. I think I will stick with this one for awhile until I'm bored someday and then I will give the others another shot. Peace

Upvote 0
Alright for anyone wanting to stay on CM9 like me I figured out something today that fixes the random no ring, no vibrate, no sound issues. Install the LG LED notification app from the playstore. It does a lot more than make your LED lights blink. It has many sound, vibrate, and notification settings. It installs in the Accessibility Settings. I have been running this most of the day and am now having no issues with ring, vibrate, and notifications not working. This ROM is now working perfect for me. Thanks to everyone for your contributions to this site especially PhenomX, Starkraving, and Giantpune who got things rolling.

Upvote 0
I just rooted and flashed this rom onto my phone last night. I know the initial boot is supposed to take a lot longer but how long is that? Last night at the end of it all, upon initial reboot, it was sitting there with the LG symbol/bootloader displayed. I went to bed to find it the same in the morning.

It should only take a few minutes. It has never been no longer than 1-2 minutes for me. Try reflashing

Upvote 0
I just rooted and flashed this rom onto my phone last night. I know the initial boot is supposed to take a lot longer but how long is that? Last night at the end of it all, upon initial reboot, it was sitting there with the LG symbol/bootloader displayed. I went to bed to find it the same in the morning.

Did you format/wipe data and both caches?

Upvote 0
I need help! I followed all the steps that was listed but my phone is now stuck on a boot loop. The little robot just keeps loading and nothing happens. Can someone help me?!?!

You shouldn't boot loop if you flashed correctly. Reboot back into recovery(pull your battery replace it then hold volume up and pwr at the same time.) Wipe cache/data and reflash the ROM then the gapps. Remember to mount the system partition prior to flashing.

Reactions: saarah14
Upvote 0
Alright, this is my first time doing this, my elite is rooted, i have downloaded the gap file and the virgin mobile file and placed them on my sd card and it didn't work. So my phone was wiped and i had to re root so i see no reason to use CWM. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Please help

You must use CWM to flash the rom file and the gap file. Check YouTube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones