[ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

1. Shachren

Shachren Well-Known Member

Okay, im gonna flash straight over then.
  2. brhermon

brhermon Well-Known Member

Ok so I have nearly put this ROM through the ringer and I have to say I'm LOVING jelly bean! :) I have experienced hardly any lag or FC's. (only when I was moving around at lightning pace and trying to push it did I experience lag and even then it was minimal)

Haven't tried tethering but don't care to, don't use it often enough. I installed the stock browser and replaced the youtube app. Both are good to go. I haven't tested Google Now yet (figure my wife doesnt want to hear me talking to my phone at 2 am haha) but I anticipate it working.

Lightflow does seem to be buggy. We'll just have to wait for them to update. For anyone who uses the "Mint" personal finances app, it may not work. I tried logging in and it said it couldn't connect to my bank (where as before on ICS it had). I read somewhere else that other people were having problems with other apps (Browser+) and it was pointed out that they relied on the stock browser. So I found the apk and installed it. Tried logging into Mint this morning and it worked. Installing the stock browser may have fixed the issue, but there's a number of other factors that it could have been that was causing the problem. So take it for what it's worth.

All in all, GREAT ROM! I'm actually surprised at how many apps were already compatible.

For those who might be interested. Here's how I installed it.
    1. Make a nandroid backup (optional but recommended)
    2. Backup all user apps & system data via Titanium (optional but recommended)
    3. Boot into CWM Recovery
    4. wiped/data factory reset
    5. wiped cache partition
    6. Wiped Dalvik Cache
    7. Installed zip from sd
    8. During phone setup I chose to backup my phone settings to google but NOT download my settings from Google to my phone (I turned that on later)
    9. No apps auto installed, I downloaded TiBu, restored apps & data, updated anything else from the Play store.
    10. Profit!
    jbdan likes this.
  3. Shachren

Ok so i wiped and flashed the new nightly (Chickened out) and everything is running fantastic!
    jbdan likes this.
  4. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

Few questions:

1. is there an apk or how do I get back the stock browser?
    2. How do I get flash back (I may have an incompatible apk for adobe?)
    3. Is there something everyone uses to get toggles back into the notification bar? (trouble adjusting to this from aokp)
    4. Is there some sort of tether work around? Where do I find/use this?

A few notes as well, I was having trouble with both lightflow and having pictures sync to contacts with facebook. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Thanks!
  5. Shachren

I think the stock browser is now Chrome, flash you'll have to find an APK for, im not sure about the notification bar, and im not sure about tethering either.
  6. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

My main concerns: Will my GPS work again and will Tethering (VZW sanctioned) still work?

My Viscious ROM has seemed to kill my GPS. I work from my car so these are very important to me.
  7. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

The notification bar toggles are something specific to custom ROMs. The stock Android OS never had those. And as for tethering, it works fine for me. It just took a little while for my computer to fully connect
  8. Shachren

GPS works just fine.
  9. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

Now using Widgetsoid for the notification bar toggles......working well so far.
  10. brhermon

1. Go here to download and get instructions.
    2. You can use the exact same apk you had in ICS. I got mine from a TiBu restore.
    3. Widgetsoid is where its at! LOVE this app! I've been using it now for a couple years (I think?)
    4. Tethering... looks to have been fixed in the 2nd BB release but I haven't tried it myself.
    vtroid5 likes this.
  11. brhermon

Two questions:

1. How is everyone's reception? (please, not bars; dbm's) on 4.0.4 I was usually around 89-100 but now I've been more 96-109 I've even seen 120! This might not be a BB thing as reception around me here is terrific but I'd be interested to know what everyone else is getting with this.

2. Not directly BB related but... Remember when Google Now was first introduced and you could activate it by saying "Google" or I think I saw somewhere you could customize the command. But after looking around, I don't see that option anywhere. Anybody else notice this / heard any news about it?
  12. streetfish

streetfish Well-Known Member

Please let us know of your impressions of battery life on JB. As compared to stock ICS or AOKP milestone 6.
  13. viper689

The first thing I noticed last night was that in my upstairs bedroom, my WiFi connection was a lot stronger than when on ICS, and 4G seems to be everywhere lol. As for dBm, couldn't say since I never really looked at it before for comparison.

One downside so far that I'm noticing with JB is the battery life. Not sure if its just because I've been playing with it a lot or if its just poor lol. I have about 15 minutes of screen on time with texting, browsing, etc on 4G and I'm down to 82% remaining
  14. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

Gonna flash JB for the first time now super excited, with the youtube fix do I just add the apk to the root of my sd card and install it while my phone is on? i dont have a lot of experience flashing apks
  15. viper689

If you're flashing the latest Bug less Beast (7/12) then you don't need to worry about that. The developer fixed it for this release
    sessman likes this.
  16. sessman

ohh awesome....thank you
  17. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I got the stock ICS Browser working but has anyone been able to ICS Browser + working successfully?
  18. sessman

just ran superwipe, and flashed latest BB rom 7/12, when i clicked reboot system now, the phone went completely black not sure if its on or off, should i wait or try and turn it on?

edit: nvm when i try and click reboot system now with the power button it just turns my screen off....
  19. Logank

Logank Well-Known Member

I'm having some issue making a new nandroid...I always make a new one right after flashing a ROM. Going to try again to see what it says because I forgot. Using ROM manager and cwm.

Edit: nvm, I tried again and it worked this time. I'm enjoying jelly bean but missing some aokp features.
  20. viper689

That's a known problem with CWM. What happens sometimes is that the volume rocker buttons turn the power button from a selection button to a screen on/off button. The only fix I ever found for this was to press the volume rocker up and down buttons repeatedly or simultaneously. Just keep doing that and a message should pop up saying something is either enabled or disabled. Sorry can't remember what exactly it says but that's what happened most likely.

I'd recommend trying TWRP to avoid that from now on
  21. sessman

worked thank you, how do i get twrp?
  22. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

You don't have to repeatedly push the volume rocker up and down....well, actually you kind of do, but there is a correct way/method to doing this. It is a feature of enabling/disabling the "go back" button in CWM 5.5.0.4 (the worst cwm edition ever conceived btw because of it's erratic behavior)

What happens is when you scroll down past the last entry the highlight pops up at the top right? Okay, now scroll up so the highlight appears at the bottom...with me? Now scroll dwon so it pops back up to the top. You've just either enabled or disabled the "GO Back" menu choice that will appear at the bottom depending on whether it is enabled or not. I highly advise those using 5.5.0.4 to upgrade to 5.8.0.2 touch version of CWM. Hope this helps ;)
    viper689 likes this.
  23. brhermon

For anyone that's interested... just read on Pete's twitter... If you're coming from the first build to the second, there's no need to wipe.

Also, anyone know of any good, compatible Mods? 1% battery, fast glow, custom color nav buttons, 4 way boot, etc?
    soy.lor.n and jbdan like this.
  24. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Downloading now. My phone was/is screwed up. It would never deep sleep and die constantly. So, hope this helps.

I loved BB back on the OG Droid. Haven't used it lately though.
  25. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

A quick google search resulted in this in 0.9263584 seconds :D