• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4-14] Salvage-Mod 1.2.1 [GB-AOSP][4G]

barnacles

Android Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2010
Dekalb, Illinois
Introducing SalvageMod for your HTC EVO 4G!

I thought I would bring this over and share it with you guys. I'll update more in a bit.

For now, this is a pure aosp gingerbread build built from source. You can download it, find screenshots and see the changelog all @ Salvage-Mod | Android Development | irc.freenode.net #salvage-mod

*Disclaimer
Anything you flash to your phone is your own business. We are not responsible for damaged devices, runaway cats, or attraction from beautiful women.

GPS might require the GPS fix if you didnt try that yet. It took a couple of days for it to settle in if I remember correctly then after 10-12 hours off charge, I still had 70-75% battery left......til I got home and my son killed it playing angry birds :)

I did use setcpu though set to smartass and max 1152 min 245 so it saved alot with the screen off but was quick with it on.

I think that SBC makes a big difference as I would still be above 95% after 3 hours or so.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this would work on Savage-mod. It is from CM7 and is supposed to be just for GB roms and it appears Savage is just that. I would make sure you make a nandroid before you flash this if you chose to do that.

View attachment gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Not sure if it will make a difference or not but it worked great when I flashed CM7 yesterday with the gapps from their site.

Upvote 0
GPS might require the GPS fix if you didnt try that yet. It took a couple of days for it to settle in if I remember correctly then after 10-12 hours off charge, I still had 70-75% battery left......til I got home and my son killed it playing angry birds :)

I did use setcpu though set to smartass and max 1152 min 245 so it saved alot with the screen off but was quick with it on.

I think that SBC makes a big difference as I would still be above 95% after 3 hours or so.

aware me on the gps fix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones