• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][4.2.2] MIUIv5 3.9.20 - 09|28|13

My camera doesnt work at all, niether does 3rd party apps, I open the camera and I get "error, cannot connect to camera" please help me fix this, I re flashed the rom but nothing. :(

The camera issue has been known for a while now, although it only seems to affect some users(myself included). As for 3rd party apps, never had that problem. A sort of solution would be to check out MiHome, an MIUI style launcher which also includes a MIUI style lock screen. I tested it on Metropolis and Slimbean Beta 3(with only minor hiccups on Slim).

Part of me really hopes this gets an update and that the camera will work then. But devs have lives and I'm a patient guy.

Upvote 0
The camera issue has been known for a while now, although it only seems to affect some users(myself included). As for 3rd party apps, never had that problem. A sort of solution would be to check out MiHome, an MIUI style launcher which also includes a MIUI style lock screen. I tested it on Metropolis and Slimbean Beta 3(with only minor hiccups on Slim).

Part of me really hopes this gets an update and that the camera will work then. But devs have lives and I'm a patient guy.

I really like this rom but it kind of sucks that it doesnt have a working camera ._.

Upvote 0
Legmando...could you update this ROM to 3.8.23...I feel like trying it out again since I found a miui mod that also adds an app drawer...

Okay, because you asked I have begun an attempt to get you guys an update. So far, success! 3.8.9 is booting. 4g doesn't seem to work though. Had to do an nv restore after I restored my old ROM. Didn't have time to test anything else. So now its up to you guys. Want an updated released? 4g might not work for now though. Let me know :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Okay, because you asked I have begun an attempt to get you guys an update. So far, success! 3.8.9 is booting. 4g doesn't seem to work though. Had to do an nv restore after I restored my old ROM. Didn't have time to test anything else. So now its up to you guys. Want an updated released? 4g might not work for now though. Let me know :thumbup:

i'd be happy to test!

Upvote 0

Legmando man...you are boss :thumbup:...I would beta test but I need data working...I'm sure others are down to test though :)...thank you man...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Do you think you can fix it ? If so how soon ? Lol

Now to work on MMS.
3y6ugyqe.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones