• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][4-3-12][ZVD]Broken Out Esteem 1.1 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Hey guys I been using this ROM for about almost 4 weeks now and I love it! Everything seems to work great and fast but I have now come across a problem with the Video Recorder.. The camera works great been using it for weeks taking many pictures and no problems there! But when I use the Video Recorder it seems to work ok at first but after I get about 8 to 10 mins or so into a video recording my phone locks up and freezes or shuts off and reboots rendering the video file not playable and corrupt! This is VERY frustrating considering that I learn of this problem while at my 4 year old sons Pre-School graduation and again while at one of his Tee-Ball games! And I am sure that its this ROM that is causing the problem because before I installed this ROM I had the stock ROM installed and it was working fine. I also did a quick little investigation like making sure the phone was not getting to hot and causing it to reboot or that overclocking was causing anything so of course I set the frequencies back to stock settings and I still had the same problem occur. Please fix this issue I really like this ROM and want to continue to use it but if this problem cant be fixed im not going to be able to use this ROM anymore because most of the reason I put out the extra money for this awesome phone was because of its sweet stunning ability to take nice pictures and record awesome video!:(:afraid:

Upvote 0
First welcome to af bro :d

try flashing a new rom ,Wat sw version r u on ?

Thanks for the welcoming! But like I said in my post before I know flashing a new ROM will correct the problem because it worked fine with the ROM which was stock before I flashed this ROM...I guess what I am trying to do is bring this issue to the creators attention cause like I said I LOVE this ROM and want to continue to use it! Everything else works great! SO I want to keep this ROM but im hoping the creator can fix this issue or if anyone else knowes of a way to patch it without just flashing a new ROM that would be great.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I been using this ROM for about almost 4 weeks now and I love it! Everything seems to work great and fast but I have now come across a problem with the Video Recorder.. The camera works great been using it for weeks taking many pictures and no problems there! But when I use the Video Recorder it seems to work ok at first but after I get about 8 to 10 mins or so into a video recording my phone locks up and freezes or shuts off and reboots rendering the video file not playable and corrupt! This is VERY frustrating considering that I learn of this problem while at my 4 year old sons Pre-School graduation and again while at one of his Tee-Ball games! And I am sure that its this ROM that is causing the problem because before I installed this ROM I had the stock ROM installed and it was working fine. I also did a quick little investigation like making sure the phone was not getting to hot and causing it to reboot or that overclocking was causing anything so of course I set the frequencies back to stock settings and I still had the same problem occur. Please fix this issue I really like this ROM and want to continue to use it but if this problem cant be fixed im not going to be able to use this ROM anymore because most of the reason I put out the extra money for this awesome phone was because of its sweet stunning ability to take nice pictures and record awesome video!:(:afraid:

Exertion this should be a simple problem to fix. I've just recorded 15 minutes of video to test for you and have had no problems. Naturally only one of 2 (but really 1) issue would cause this,

1. Limited space on your SD Card (Which I doubt is this)
2. Improper CPU settings (CPU Set too high).

I know there was mention of 2 governors added in this ROM but I must have overlooked where to access them because I haven't seen a location to tweek the cpu by default. I may have just overlooked that though.

I installed a very useful and free tool from the android market called ROM Toolbox Lite.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&hl=en

The application has several tools for tweaking the android system especially for custom roms. Most importantly it allows you to set automated low and high cpu limits.

:nurse:

Install it and open it.
When it first opens click the X in the top right hand corner.
On the top bar click the title "Performance ".
Select the first option " CPU Control".
Change the max to anywhere around 1600.
Change the min to anywhere around 245.
Change the Governor to Ondemand if its not already set.
Select the check mark "apply on boot".
Click the back button on the phone once.

Scroll down and click on Auto Memory Manager.
Click the check mark to "Apply on boot"
Click on " Presets"
Select "Mild"
Click "Apply"

Back all the way out of the program.

:rolleyes:

Make sure you have at the very least a 16 gig memory card with at least 4 to 8 gig of free space if recording the video at full HD size.

Hope this helps. ;)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, Im trying to use a feature on a app im using and one part requires me to click this button that opens a advertisement that I need to click but this ROM has some kind of ad blocker pre-installed on it. I saw in the ROM description this also "Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads" . So my question is how do I configure this pre-installed ad blocker or toggle it off?

Upvote 0
Hey guys, Im trying to use a feature on a app im using and one part requires me to click this button that opens a advertisement that I need to click but this ROM has some kind of ad blocker pre-installed on it. I saw in the ROM description this also "Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads" . So my question is how do I configure this pre-installed ad blocker or toggle it off?

You can try Host editor from the market. It will pull up a list of host but it may be long depending on how many ad servers are preloaded which I don't know how you would be able to tell which ad server your app is using so you would have to disable them all.

Of course you can always manually edit the system/etc/hosts file directly using root explorer as well.

Upvote 0
I also included a different method of setting cpu speeds and governors in the init.d scripts. There are 3 files in /system/etc/init.d folder. 1 for governor, 1 for CPU min and 1 for CPU max. Open the file with a text editor and remove the # from the speed our governor that you want. Upon reboot it will set that speed. Just make sure it is a speed your phone can handle first. The only way to fix if it causes constant reboots is to reddish the rom. I also fixed it that CPU speeds and governors can be set on boot.

I don't understand this. Is this the only way can change governor or is this just an option? Can we still use apps like "ROM toolbox" to set profiles? If so, what are all the governors it has. You mentioned smartass and smoothass already but which others does it have.

Upvote 0
I don't understand this. Is this the only way can change governor or is this just an option? Can we still use apps like "ROM toolbox" to set profiles? If so, what are all the governors it has. You mentioned smartass and smoothass already but which others does it have.

I would say using rom toolbox would be just fine. Looking at the default governor files it seems they are all turned off by default until you select active the one you want. Being none are active there shouldn't be any conflict between the default governor files and the active one set by rom tool box. Unless of course you have edited the files to activate a governor. ;)

Upvote 0
Updated to ZVD, rooted and installed the Broken Out ROM with the Blue Moon ICS theme. It does seem to be a bit faster; whether battery life improves any remains to be seen as it's on the charger right now. Thanks for the easy to follow instructions and the great ROM and theme. All the devs and themers on here kick a$$!

The REAL battery saver is YOU. All the little tweaks and what not help it along the way but in the end, it's all in how you use your phone.

No doubt you will still get good battery life. BO is a great ROM with a great kernel. Enjoy ;)

Reactions: GTOgirl
Upvote 0
Hi again.
I have the the gps option to turn it off and on.the navigation app which gives u turn by turn signal is gone.when i flash to other rom it comes back but with broken rom its gone.is there any way to brng it back.i dont want to pay for or dl other gps from market.
well if gps is off than yeah it wont work lol or do you mean the app is not there all together? it comes with google maps so you need that to use it..

Upvote 0
Are you referring to the app to the left of play store?
4c6fd5e6-8e25-f5a9.jpg

Upvote 0
mtmichaelson:

Just asking... Is this as good as this ROM is going to get? Any updates? If not can you make one with all the stock icons (-alarm clock) and the clock not centered.

Thank You for your work.

I have the un center clock MOD on my home computer. im at work right now. Send me a PM and this afternoon I will send you the mod and we can center that clock up for you. ;)

Reactions: bcifer
Upvote 0
I'm trying to change the batter icon through Rom Toolbox, but its not working. I tried about 5 times, and it doesn't want to change. Everything else works great, except for the white batter icon. How can I change it? Also, is there a way to make the time in the middle of the notification bar, red? I want all my top icons red. I just need to change the batter icon, and the time (if possible).

Upvote 0
I'm trying to change the batter icon through Rom Toolbox, but its not working. I tried about 5 times, and it doesn't want to change. Everything else works great, except for the white batter icon. How can I change it? Also, is there a way to make the time in the middle of the notification bar, red? I want all my top icons red. I just need to change the batter icon, and the time (if possible).

UOT kitchen its easy, it works, and well its easy...lol try that! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones