• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-26-12]Broken Out Spectrum 3.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

I've been running this ROM from day one and all I have are good things... Before this came out i was just about to return it. The browser took 10 seconds to load pages, the nav literally took minutes to load, and the bloat was insane. Thanks to this ROM everything is almost instant and I kept the phone.. Way too nice of hardware for the price... I thank anyone involved!

Upvote 0
OK. I think I bricked my phone, LOL!! Well it isnt that funny.

I think I should have asked more questions on the process before starting.

Anyway..

I followed the steps as suggestted in the top post. Right now I am stuck in the CWM Rocovery on boot. I can not enter any kind of OS. I wiped and backed-up the original OS using Titanium. I tried restoring using the Broken out zip file. It goes through the process and updates then I try to reboot. I just keep returning to the CWM boot screen. At this point I just want to restore to factory settings if I can. There are so many options in the CWM. I dont know where to begin to restore. Anyone have any ideas?

I already went to verizon and ported my info to my motorola razr. I just want to be able to use the LG spectrum in the future or give it to my girlfriend.

Upvote 0

Anyway..

I followed the steps as suggestted in the top post. Right now I am stuck in the CWM Rocovery on boot. I can not enter any kind of OS. I wiped and backed-up the original OS using Titanium. I tried restoring using the Broken out zip file. It goes through the process and updates then I try to reboot. I just keep returning to the CWM boot screen. At this point I just want to restore to factory settings if I can. There are so many options in the CWM. I dont know where to begin to restore. Anyone have any ideas?

I already went to verizon and ported my info to my motorola razr. I just want to be able to use the LG spectrum in the future or give it to my girlfriend.

did you do a back up in CWM before you wiped data? Did you use the button combo to boot into CWM or an app like Rom manager? If you used the button combo you could be vistim to the bootloop into CWM, inwhich case there is a .zip file fix for that you will need to load onto your sd and run before rebooting out of CWM.

Upvote 0

Anyway..

http://db.tt/try11N11

Flash that in cwm after flashing a rom. Neph put that together.

Upvote 0
Doh, let me look, I still have not gotten around to testing all of those links...

Ok, I fixed it, I had moved all the files to a sub folder for categorization and never updated the links. All of the stock app links were bad. They have the correct path now.

Also, if you copy the link, instead of clicking on it, then remove the file name, you can browse the entire folder that way, and see all the files (there are more than what I put links up for, I copied the entire /system/apps folder on to my website.)

Upvote 0
My guess is that it will be a little while before we see another update. He just got his hands on 2.3.6 and it would defeat the purpose of working on a 2.3.5 update when working on the new system may in fact fix some of the problems. Going to the new system will mean trying to de-odex everything again thou and that is a pain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones