[ROM][9/12/2010][GPL] xtrSENSE4.2 & 4.5[cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]-HTC Sense

Last Updated:

1. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Source: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][9/12/2010][GPL] xtrSENSE4.2 & 4.5[cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]-HTC Sense

Donate to zach.xtr here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QEFJSRUQ7ZK3E

Advertisement
    QuasiNerd likes this.
  2. KarateExplosion6

Source: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][9/12/2010][GPL] xtrSENSE4.2 & 4.5[cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]-HTC Sense

Donate to zach.xtr here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QEFJSRUQ7ZK3E

3. erisx

erisx Well-Known Member

Do we have to Wipe SD:ext partition, or is that only if we want apps to sd?

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I already d/l 4.2. Going to flash it tomorrow, can't wait

5. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I believe that's only if you already have apps2sd.

6. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

with these new roms he is putting together, apps2sd is literally becoming a thing of the past

he has opened up so much space internally for everything it is ridiculous

7. joeseph83

joeseph83 Member

Does anyone know of any issues with xtrsense and Exchange Activesync? I cannot get my work email to work with the HTC mail app. I had an issue with 2.1 leak v3 as well but it magically worked eventually. No such luck with xtrsense 4.2 so far and I don't know if there's something about this rom that my work server doesn't like.

If I go through the automatic setup I get the error that says something like "Failed to create the account. Try again later."

If I try to set it up manually it says something like "I don't have permission to synchronize with my settings. Contact my Server administrator.

8. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

I don't know how to fix your particular problem, but I am connecting to my Exchange 2003 with no problems.

Did you do a full wipe install or did you upgrade over an existing install?

Jeff

joeseph83 likes this.
  9. mcmi11ions

mcmi11ions Active Member

I had trouble getting exchange to sync on 4.1 (haven't tried 4.2 yet) but i realized my problem was with the keyboard. there was a setting that was automatically inputting a space after each period, which doesn't quite work with server addresses.

10. QuasiNerd

QuasiNerd Well-Known Member

I am definitely going to try this when I get home from work.

It blows my mind what these guys can do with a lot of smarts and creativity (and persistence, no doubt...). I think I need to get a paypal account... : )

11. KarateExplosion6

If you're looking to donate to the developers, you don't even need a PayPal Account. PayPal will just let you enter a dollar amount and a credit card number--that's how I donate.

I don't see the point in having an account unless I'm going to be accepting money, not giving it out.

QuasiNerd likes this.
  12. JPW528

JPW528 Member

Does this ROM support the HTC widgets? I know it says it does but I dont have them at this time. Not sure if its because I was on 2.2 rom then back to xtrSENSE4.2. Any idea how to get them back if its possible?

13. mcmi11ions

mcmi11ions Active Member

I've read the change log for 4.2 and I'm wondering if I need/should update to this rom. I'm running 4.1 now and I'm using the Gscript settings that KarateExplosion6 detailed at:

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/170269-xtr-sense-4-1-a.html#post1545345

My battery life is great and the only lag i have is at the dialer, which isn't anywhere near as bad as it was before i rooted. Am I going to see a noticeable improvement in performance? I'm not using JIT (nor do I know what it does) so I'm not quite sold that this is a big update for me.

Not trying to be negative at all here, the xtrsense rom is awesome and I love, i'm just trying to learn and see if I can save myself the time of a flash.

14. KarateExplosion6

Yes, this ROM does support HTC Widgets. I use them all of the time.

Did you wipe data and Dalvik before flashing xtrSENSE4.2? Also, did you verify that the MD5 checksum is correct for your copy of xtrSENSE4.2.1.zip?

Once you have verified that your MD5 checksum is identical to zach.xtr's, I would recommend re-wiping and re-flashing.

There have been no HTC Widget issues with this build of xtrSENSE.

15. KarateExplosion6

I'm wondering this myself... I flashed xtrSENSE4.5.1 last night and haven't played around with the ROM enough yet to know if there is any "major" benefit. So far, the latest build of the CFS kernel is functioning well and I have yet to encounter any lag issues, etc. Having said that, I also haven't used this enough to comment on any "battery gains" either.

If you're very happy with xtrSENSE4.1, there are only a few benefits to jumping over to xtrSENSE4.2... If you're not overclocking, 4.2 will default OC you at 710 MHz, which is a nice frequency to run at. Also, if there are ever any issues, you can get better support from Zach because his Gscripts have better logging capabilities in 4.2, so you'd be able to provide him better info about your issue. Finally, YouTube HQ is included. If you really want that, I'm sure you can search XDA, here, or Google and find the .apk to install it.

My opinion would be, if you're very happy with 4.1 and don't want to make the leap to 4.5 just yet, you don't have to. It's not that "big" of an update.

Just as an FYI: I used Titanium Backup Donate Version when upgrading to 4.5.1. I batch backed up all apps + data, did a Nandroid, wiped everything, flashed xtrSENSE4.5.1, ran the Gscripts to remove the stock apps I didn't want, ran another data wipe in recovery (to remove the removed apps from Manage Applications), then rebooted to xtrSENSE4.5.1 and let Google completely sync. After the sync I batch restored all apps + data with the exception of YouTube (since this build has a better version). Then I Rebooted.

My ROM was ENTIRELY upgraded and set up within about 12 minutes doing it this way. Just an FYI--upgrading doesn't need to be such a pain. I highly recommend Ti Backup.

16. ckfalls

ckfalls Member

Hi all, really need some assistance here. Google contacts will not sync. I was on 4.0.5 and it was working great, now on 4.2 as of this morning and now Google contacts won't sync. Everything else syncs just fine; Gmail and Google calendar, exchange contacts, mail & calendar. For some reason, Google contact won't sync fully (it seems some got through which is bizzare). I flashed this morning (followed all fresh install instructions of course per the XTR post), and under the Sync options screen for my google account, it shows the refreshed times for calender and mail as current (2:16 PM), but is stuck on 11:07 am for my contacts sync. When I try to sync Google contacts, it just constantly loops. Confirmed online that all my Google contacts are still there, just not sync'd to the phone.

Please, any advice?? Thanks!

17. JPW528

JPW528 Member

I got it figured out dummy me was using xtrROM4.2 and not xtrSENSE4.2. So reloaded xtrSENSE4.2 and everything is good.

18. roscuthiii

It's nice to have options, but with Zanfur's kernel already working well I think I would have liked to see Zack go with the BFS kernel for xtrSENSE 4.5 instead of the CFS.

Anyone know if a 4.7 release is pending with the BFS kernel?

19. roscuthiii

That's ok... I was getting frustrated because I kept trying to figure out where the damned live wallpapers were damn well hidden until I realized I dl'd xtrSENSE but had been looking at the thread for xtrROM.

20. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Hey, KarateExplosion. How much more space is saved with the C2C in 4.2? I'm currently running 4.6.0.1 and love it but I have 4.2 on my SD already and plan on flashing when I don't need my phone for a few hours. I just noticed you said there isn't much difference in these new updates so I'm curious if I should even bother flashing 4.2 or just wait for a larger update. I currently have about 12-15 apps installed and have around 66-71 MB free after a reboot, around 55-62MB running for a few days. If I could get between 80-100MB free with 4.2 then I'll definetly flash it asap. If you think I'll get around the same as I currently have then I'll just wait for a larger update. Thanks for the advice

21. Zynnis

Zynnis Active Member

This ROM is awesome, the only thing I would like to see added to it would be the option to use a password or PIN in the lock screen instead of the annoying pattern. Any way that this could be incorporated in later versions?

22. KarateExplosion6

You will have 225 MB of storage for apps with C2C. If you go to Settings to see your internal storage, it'll still say "150MB" or even less, but that won't reflect accurately--you've got 225MB of storage. It's definitely worth the upgrade.

And just to clarify, my post above was saying there's not much of a difference from 4.1 to 4.2... There's a big different from 4.0.6.1 to 4.1/4.2 because of C2C.

If you're using anything older than 4.1, you're missing out.

WormDoes likes this.
  23. KarateExplosion6

Sorry, no idea. You may want to jump over to XDA and post in the official thread to see why he choose CFS over BFS.

I'm not that technical, so I leave the kernel decisions up to the developers.

So far, I've had no problems with the CFS kernel. I've been using 4.5.1 for a day now without any complaints.

24. deezer

deezer Member

I need a little help. I rooted last night using the 1 click method. Instead of flashing the rootme.zip, I flashed xtrsense 4.2. Everything started off great. I set up my google account and my pop3 email. I made a phone call. Then I decided to d/l the wordfeud app cause my brother & I play all the time. When I was setting up the account on wordfeud, it got stuck. the phone was unresponsive. I was expecting it to force close, but I got impatient & pulled the battery. When I rebooted, I had no phone service. I thought I would try putting it in airplane mode & then back out. I guess it got stuck in airplane mode after that, cause I had the airplane icon in the notifcation bar & could not get it to go away. Still no phone service. I got really nervous and did a nand restore. So now I am back to my original stock rom & everything is working fine. So as I stand now, I have Amons recovery. but have not flashed rootme.zip or xtrsense. Any ideas what might be going on? I used Astro file manager this morning to verify the md5 checksum for xtrsense & it matched what was given in the original post.

25. Zynnis

Zynnis Active Member

First things first after you install the one click eris root application you need to flash the rootme.zip and reboot your phone. After that, uninstall the eris one click root application. Next, I suggest running another nandroid backup. Then you need to do a wipe of your phone and I'm not sure about everyone else but I also wipe my Dalvik Cache as well. After that, flash the xtrROM4.2 zip file and reboot your phone. You then shouldn't have any problems what-so-ever running the ROM. I'm not sure if your phone is actually rooted unless you flash the rootme.zip, and that's probably your only problem. If that doesn't work than I have no other ideas to what could be going on.