• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]A Froyo Rom 2.2.1

So, since this is deodexed.... the gingerbreadzvc flash should work on this?

Flashing anything based on 2.1 framework WILL break this. I partially ported GRZLA's GB4Froyo use that, if you dont like the font check out post 3 on how to flash one of the 200 some odd fonts off xda

Reactions: k.c.cole
Upvote 0
This may sound stupid, but is the main download updated, or do we need to flash that as well as the patches? BTW, savoix, thanks for the work on this and i hope that you get the thanks from others as well.

I always update the main download, the datestamp will reflect the build I am not using version numbers I am using dates for version control. The latest is 012811

Upvote 0
Thanks. I saw that getitnow was working on an OC kernel for 2.2, and my understanding is that the deodexing will make itso that this rom would be compatible with that. Would the Byron bare not be? i'm running that right now and it seems very smooth, but a little slower than vel .4 was as i was able to OC to 768 and be very stable (tried max and it just crashed, lol) so i would really like to OC again.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I saw that getitnow was working on an OC kernel for 2.2, and my understanding is that the deodexing will make itso that this rom would be compatible with that. Would the Byron bare not be? i'm running that right now and it seems very smooth, but a little slower than vel .4 was as i was able to OC to 768 and be very stable (tried max and it just crashed, lol) so i would really like to OC again.

Byron should be fine with different kernels, they only change the /boot partition.

Upvote 0
Flashing anything based on 2.1 framework WILL break this. I partially ported GRZLA's GB4Froyo use that, if you dont like the font check out post 3 on how to flash one of the 200 some odd fonts off xda

Yes! That is the one i was thinking of, thanks for catching that. I have the font pack i made with my Geometric font. Is the GB4Froyo on the userspace?

Upvote 0
Savoxis,
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really enjoying your rom, and the customizations are great! the luna theme looks awesome. Thank you for the work you put into this.

Only one issue I have found. Bluetooth force closes when trying to pair. I don't know if that is an easy fix or not, but it would be great if it was ;) I drive alot.

Other than that, everything else it working flawlessly. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Savoxis,
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really enjoying your rom, and the customizations are great! the luna theme looks awesome. Thank you for the work you put into this.

Only one issue I have found. Bluetooth force closes when trying to pair. I don't know if that is an easy fix or not, but it would be great if it was ;) I drive alot.

Other than that, everything else it working flawlessly. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up, Ill look into it!

Upvote 0
Hey savoxis, i find something. When i flashed the Nexus boot animation, astro and terminal emulator got deleted. and i has a question. Is the boot animation suppose to look like it doesnt fit. Anyways, good job. i hope you dont leave us. No selfishness intended.

I did toss those together pretty quick, Ill check into it tomorrow, Im heading out of town for the day.

Edit: I just checked the nexus package it shouldn't touch /data/app something tricky must have gone down. As for the size I didn't really check that I just saw it was 480x800 and packaged it up. Ill do some more through testing tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I did toss those together pretty quick, Ill check into it tomorrow, Im heading out of town for the day.

Edit: I just checked the nexus package it shouldn't touch /data/app something tricky must have gone down. As for the size I didn't really check that I just saw it was 480x800 and packaged it up. Ill do some more through testing tomorrow.

Kk thnks.

Upvote 0
Okay, so far the ROM feels really snappy.... sort of what it should be, you know. I love that I have my GB look back (thank you so much for de-odexing this) and i am TOTALLY geeking out that i just Chrome to phoned the nexus boot animation DL link!

(correction, it went but the DL won't start. I will just do it the hard way.) Thanks Savoxis great work. and thanks for posting my article on your site!

+++++
Just ran the quadrant scores... not band total stock froyo was getting about 490. This ROM just popped a 1000+

Upvote 0
Ok, so it took me a little while but I finally got this to stick. I don't even remember what I did or didn't do to make it happen. I think I'm starting to get dangerous based on my growing yet incomplete, android knowledge. I'm not great at it yet but I'm getting better and that's scary! Oh well, now that the installation is finished, (oh I also added the Gingerbread theme and installed the gingerbread keyboard) I have to say that, yeah, there are some things I miss from running Velocity Roms (scripts, ringtones, pre-installed apps, etc..) but despite that, this is quite a useful, simplistic, and very snappy Rom! Great work! I'm still picking up the pieces from the holidays and the three January birthdays in my family, and I still owe Trident a few Redbulls for the work he's done, so once I get a few nickels to rub together, I'll be happily donating! It's going to be the ones like you and Trident and Death2all110 that will keep this phone in pockets and out of landfills for quite a while longer, so for that, thank you! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones