[ROM] A2tude - Modded Stock A2 ROM

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

[​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: This is a MODDED' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!
    Here ya go folks, a modded stock ROM for the huawei Ascend 2 (M865) rooted, deodexed, and tweaked.

• Author: PlayfulGod
    • Current Version: 1.74
    • Description: A Modded Stock A2 ROM

Added features:

• Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • APK's Zipaligned (better RAM utilization)
    • Darktremor Apps2SD v2.7.5.2 + fix. (Class 6 or better SDCard required (if you plan to move Dalvik to the Sdcard). SDCard needs to be partitioned for SD-EXT)
    • Davlic able to be moved to sdcard
    • Nano added
    • Bash added
    • custom bootanimation
    • custom bootstrapsound (stock bootanimation and sound will need to be deleted in cust/cricket/us/media)
    • no ads host file (this will block most ads in apps)

• Bloatware will need to be Removed manually with Root Explorer in cust/cricket/us/app, wallpaper, media, guides, and logo directories.

Changelog

• initial Release
      • added vadim's oc kernel
      • build.prop tweaks
      • Plague OC Kernel
      • CRT off animation, thanks to vadim.
      • Plague Kernel added, multiple overclocked cpu settings from 600 - 864Mhz. Smartass and Interactive governors added.
      • Multitouch added
      • no ads host file
    Enjoy!!
    Install Notes

Install in CWM like any other ROM.

Links

md5sum: 856204f4dd11f275d0f9f3906f84e286
    • ClockworkMod Recovery: recovery.img Available in ROM Manager also.
    md5sum: eded9b2d3d6bdb469b72304afdb0ad1649 Notes:

You have to go into cust/cricket/us and delete app, wallpaper, media, guide, and logo directories manually to rid all of the bloatware. If you deleted them prior to installing you should be good.

Want to Show your Appreciation?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ethunderstadt

ethunderstadt Member

I just tried this. It works fine for me. Great work!! It installed without a hitch. My phone hasn't crashed.
  3. PlayfulGod

As it should its just a modded stock rom ;)

Glad its working good for ya :D

Next project is CM7 for the A2 ;)
  4. Teddytale

Teddytale Member

can someone help me?
    i tryed flashing it buh my huawei stays on the white screen
  5. PlayfulGod

did you flash CWM recovery first?
  6. StickyMango

StickyMango New Member

...would love to flash a recovery if The Ascend2/m865 were on the recovery list.

This is the issue I am having as well....stuck on huawei screen when i try to flash into recovery.

Is there another model I can use instead?
  7. PlayfulGod

The recovery isnt merged into rom manager yet so it wont be in the list. It needs to be flash either the fastboot method or from terminal. But there is a lil trick that can be done to install it with RM. First you have to pick one from the list on RM, dl it, then in file manager go into the clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries.

Then in that dir there should now be a recovery-clockwork-<version#>-model.img,

rename that img and add .bak to the end of it. Then take my recovery.img and rename it to what the img you dl'd thru RM is named. Then from RM you can install the img I built for the A2. The version # etc may not be displayed correctly but should install it for you and then you will have a working CWM ;)

Its been awhile since I used this method, but it works.
  8. jperkins

jperkins Member

Can you install this using the holding volume up, volume down, and pressing power method?
  9. jperkins

jperkins Member

NVM, I found out that you couldn't. Reason I asked is because I can not reboot into recovery, can not find a working version of Clockwork recovery for my phone, and can not get my phone to install correctly on my computer to install clockwork recovery that way. Having major issues here...

(EDIT)

Managed to fix all the problems (magically), installed the A2tude rom after, works great, thanks!!!
  10. PlayfulGod

OP edited for new release.
  11. jperkins

jperkins Member

New release wouldn't work for me, it got stuck on boot screen. Any ideas why?
  12. PlayfulGod

prolly didnt like the oc settings.
  13. PlayfulGod

Now available in ROM Manager ;)
    Gmash likes this.
  14. ICR

ICR New Member

Downloaded ROM Manager when going into Recovery Mode to install a ROM it stays stuck on HUAWEI white Screen! any reason why?:(
  15. ICR

ICR New Member

NOt even when doing FACTORY RESET will it even Reboot it just gets stuck on HUAWEii white screen, So i cant even FACTORY RESET THE PHONE!
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Are you sure you flashed the CWM recovery?
  17. PlayfulGod

yea you need to install CWM from RM for the Ascend 2.
  18. Hallister

Hallister New Member

On the daily I Google "Huawei Ascend 2 Roms" and search with updates within the last week. Not many are dedicated to this device, but your doing an amazing job. I use this rom on the daily, haven't wanted/nor needed to go back to stock. I use ADW EX, 780 oc'd and its really smooth. I saw you did CM7 on this device but didn't look exactly stable yet....

Either way great job!
  19. PlayfulGod

the CM7 def isnt stable yet lol. and ty. trying to figure out why my kernel doesnt boot with A2tude :( and not having a working A2 doesnt make it an easy task lol
  20. PlayfulGod

OP Updated with new build and info. ;)
    Gmash likes this.
  21. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hmm...multi touch and 864 mhz, I might have to reconsider getting one of these. Thanks for all the hard work, PG!
  22. Deej029

Deej029 Well-Known Member

Ok first if all, I want to start off by saying THANK YOU for all you are doing for our phones!!
    Hopefully this isn't a dumb question. But is there a way to actually change the "other" settings? For instance. On the Ascend1 (M860) with CM 6 or 7 we were able to go into "dev or spare" parts to change the OC settings (on demand, smartass,etc.) Where do i find the settings in here? BTW! AMAZED the MT works great!! Thanks again for all the hard work!
  23. PlayfulGod

Yes you can, but in CM6 you had to use an app like setcpu to set em, same case here with A2tude (or any other cpu app).

CM7 has cpu settings builtin in settings > CM settings > performance > cpu settings. ;)
  24. Deej029

Deej029 Well-Known Member

OK! Thanks again! :)
  25. mkakemon

mkakemon Active Member

I have installed setcpu and downloaded A2tude, everything is great, Thank you very much btw. But I am unable to oc past 600 mhz, am I missing something??