[ROM] [ABANDONED] Unoffical MIUI V4 Mobster style v1.4

Last Updated:

1. voxibanez

voxibanez Well-Known Member

Awesome! I really want a good custom kernel for ICS (or JellyBean?), I had to stop using Chad's kernel (Anthrax) because my phone would drain at about 10% an hour on standby (in deep sleep mode).

Advertisement
  2. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Damn. Tried Google Now for the hell of it just to see if there was something different that allowed voice to work but it didn't work. Everything else works tho.
  3. ZAXIS

ZAXIS Well-Known Member

just curious.... what bugs where fixed in update? are listed bugs still not working such as wifi and 4g?

just dloaded it but still trying to get my laza battery cycled and reading right before i flash something different
  4. thebryceee

Yeah those bugs are current.
  5. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah the update to v1.1 fixed stability, graphics, and a few other bugs

Btw anyone do a quadrant?
  6. Faydes

Faydes Well-Known Member

any idea how much work would be required to fix 4g? i havent really looked into miui much in terms of devving. Though if i could get 4g to work, I will, and ill release the fix here.
    Mobstergunz likes this.
  7. thebryceee

Here ya go. Quadrant is quite low but nowhere indicative of how fast this ROM is. I think it might be the graphics. I noticed the fps is a bit slower.

Attached Files:

8. thebryceee

Not sure if you need any 3G tweaks but I just got this on speed test. I have on-street coverage in my apartment and usually get 400kb down at this time of day.....

Attached Files:

9. Mobstergunz

10. thebryceee

Getting this error. Tried clearing data on play store and google services framework and rebooting.

Attached Files:

11. Faydes

Faydes Well-Known Member

did a little bit of looking around, this is for cm7, but the basic principles should be the same for adding wimax.

also if you are lazy you can also open apk's with a program like peazip and just modify it

- Copy /system/app/CMWimaxSettings.apk.
    - Copy /system/framework/wimax-api.jar.

Decompile /system/framework/framework-res.apk

Edit ./res/xml/bools.xml
    - change config_wimaxEnabled value to true

Edit ./res/xml/strings.xml
    - change config_wimaxServiceJarLocation value to /system/framework/wimax-api.jar
    - change config_wimaxManagerClassname value to com.htc.net.wimax.WimaxController
    - change config_wimaxServiceClassname value to com.android.server.WimaxService

Edit ./res/xml/arrays.xml
    - in networkAttributes element, add <item>wimax,6,6,2</item> (I add it after wifi)
    - in radioAttributes element, add <item>6,1</item> (I add it to the top)
    - in config_tether_upstream_regexs element, add <item>wimax\\d</item> (I add it to the bottom)

Now somewhere (probably Settings.apk), you'll want to add a link to it.

as it sits i have quite a bit of roms on my HD, so I have access to all of the files, when i get home from work ill take a look into it if you havent already done it mobz =)
  12. thebryceee

Only one core is active.

Attached Files:

13. Mobstergunz

Yeah I went back to MIUI to check myself so I added the Dual Core mod and scored 2700 minute after boot same as Mobster Rom V but I did see FPS go up to 70 and the From is even smoother
  14. Mobstergunz

Check your play store version number if its the Jelly Bean version its a common issue
  15. thebryceee

Yup the dual core mod worked like a charm.

Attached Files:

16. thebryceee

Yeah it's the JB version
  17. eatsaimin

eatsaimin Well-Known Member

143 Mobz!!!!!!! LOL
  18. shardsaway

shardsaway New Member

thank you!!!!! i love you!
    no homo...
  19. thebryceee

Lol 143. Brings me back to the pager days, when those were cool.
  20. izander

izander Well-Known Member

OMG Please get this to a RC1 or Daily Driver stages fast! This is by far my favorite ROM and I can't wait to have 4g/Camera/Storage/MMS :D

big support from me and a lot of thanks! good luck!
  21. eatsaimin

eatsaimin Well-Known Member

I had a Bravo Express in HS. 143 823 BYE
  22. Faydes

Faydes Well-Known Member

mobz will you be on an irc tonight, we could brainstorm together to get the 4g working, after that everything will be a relative breeze
  23. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

:thumb:good job bro! Been waiting for you to post this!
  24. G19

G19 Well-Known Member

Just flashed it. Runs great. Can't wait till all the bugs get worked out
  25. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Well-Known Member

Ran thins for a while at work yesterday, very nice, This is Blazing fast for an alpha. Cant wait till the GPS is functional. I loved MIUI on the Triumph its even better on the HTC
    lifeblows10 likes this.