• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [ABANDONED] Unoffical MIUI V4 Mobster style v1.4

I can't get this file to download correctly. It downloads as a bin file? And now the download link is broken. Can't get it to dl at all now. Wth?
Try using a different browser for the download, i always have that problem when downloading an mp3 with the stock browser, they download as a .bin file, but i used chrome or dolphin for my downloads and they download as .mp3 not bin.

Upvote 0
I know this is probably a shot in the dark but most mobster anyway you can get visual voicemail to work on this Rom.. I hate dialing out to listen to them..

I doubt it'll work........ This is based on the Sense System but the framework is different...... if adding the "vvm-virgin.apk" to the system/app folder doesn't work then other things will have to be changed

Upvote 0
Great job Mobster! I came from the Optimus V so I never got a chance to try out MIUI, so this is an amazing first time experience. I know it's not a daily driver and all, but it's still very stable (minus the things that don't work). Thanks so much for your hard work on this! Looking forward to getting MMS fixed, that would be my only complain as I don't have 4G where I live.

I personally like the recent apps a lot more than the regular ics one and I thibk that if you plan to make a fix for it to be the normal way it should be a flashable fix that is optional so those of us that like it cab keep it

I completely agree with this, I like the MIUI style recent apps, you can swipe up to clear them, and swipe down to lock it so when you click that button at the bottom is clears all the apps (except locked ones) and frees up a bunch of ram.

PS If you guys didn't know, you can hold the Home button on the lockscreen and it turns the flashlight on. That's pretty damn awesome!!

Upvote 0
Great job Mobster! I came from the Optimus V so I never got a chance to try out MIUI, so this is an amazing first time experience. I know it's not a daily driver and all, but it's still very stable (minus the things that don't work). Thanks so much for your hard work on this! Looking forward to getting MMS fixed, that would be my only complain as I don't have 4G where I live.

I completely agree with this, I like the MIUI style recent apps, you can swipe up to clear them, and swipe down to lock it so when you click that button at the bottom is clears all the apps (except locked ones) and frees up a bunch of ram.

PS If you guys didn't know, you can hold the Home button on the lockscreen and it turns the flashlight on. That's pretty damn awesome!!

I like it (and its very efficient) but I really fell in love with the thumbnails :/

Upvote 0
So I've only had one random reboot, and that is fine, but I was wondering. I use Alarm Clock Xtreme Free from the market, it's an amazing alarm clock and makes you do MATH to dismiss the alarm, It's just about the only way I can wake up in the mornings, but when I select the type of ringer (set to ringtone) then go to the next option to select the actual ringtone, it brings up the themes manager, so I can't select ringtones. Is this a problem with the alarm app or is there something wrong with MIUI? Or am i being really dense?

Edit***
Also where could I find the mms settings to input in gosms, the apn or whatever else gosms wants in the advances mms settings, I'm assuming if I input those values I can send/receive mms through gosms.

Upvote 0
I went back to midnight rom for the moment, as I really can't live without MMS. A bunch of my friends have iPhones and I get group chats from them which come through as MMS messages (granted not grouped), but I missed out on some get togethers because of it.

I tried setting up GoSMS with some MMS settings I found in the triumph forum, but it still wasn't working, so that's my only issue with the rom. Once that gets fixed I'll be back on MIUI for sure. I miss it already!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones