• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Admired Monster 5.3 NOW WITH A STOCK KERNEL BUILD FOR PHONES THAT DONT TAKE OC KERNEL WELL

nice. is there anyway the metropcs on boot can be removed in a next version?
And I was wondering if it's possible to have the miui messaging on a rom like this
& the lock animation looks a bit weird, I think the original crt one was nicer

Yeah I planning on changing the metro stuff. As far as animations go you can turn them off.

Upvote 0
Been running all day long. And flawless! No reboots Stuck at a constant 900mhz freq. No lag whatsoever and all my Alps have been installed and still have about 92Mb free. Running really smooth. My daily driver for a while till 7.2 gets Updated. Preciate the work Bo!
SCREENIES;D

ae8dd06d-9eba-8463.jpg
ae8dd065-9ec6-b7ba.jpg
ae8dd060-9ed4-0d09.jpg
ae8dd067-9edf-1f7b.jpg
ae8dd069-9ee9-6c38.jpg
ae8dd06f-9ef3-7c84.jpg
415b754a-9f00-aac3.jpg

Upvote 0
Been running all day long. And flawless! No reboots Stuck at a constant 900mhz freq. No lag whatsoever and all my Alps have been installed and still have about 92Mb free. Running really smooth. My daily driver for a while till 7.2 gets Updated. Preciate the work Bo!
SCREENIES;D

ae8dd06d-9eba-8463.jpg
ae8dd065-9ec6-b7ba.jpg
ae8dd060-9ed4-0d09.jpg
ae8dd067-9edf-1f7b.jpg
ae8dd069-9ee9-6c38.jpg
ae8dd06f-9ef3-7c84.jpg
415b754a-9f00-aac3.jpg

Cool dude I was werried it wasnt going good for anyone.

Reactions: SamsungAdmire
Upvote 0
Is there any way to add Dark Tremors A2SD script to this rom. Also does the kernel support swappiness? I've read through many posts and have not seen it mentioned at all. Thanks in advance and i love the rom!

Ditch A2SD and use Links2SD -- you'll have to create a secondary partition on your SD card, the so-called "sd-ext" partition, with either the ext2 or ext4 file system (ext2 is more compatible, but there are some performance adantages to using ext4).

The great thing I discovered this morning about Links2SD: say you are running CM7 with all your apps installed, Links2SD will move all the apps that it can to the sd-ext partition and create symbolic links to the apps within the ROM's system folders.

What's neat about that is that when you swap in a new ROM, Links2SD can find all of the apps on the sd-ext partition and recreate links to all the programs it finds, and then recreate Market links, too, saving a lot of install/upgrade hassle.

Worked like a charm for me.

Though, I am having random reboots when under medium-heavy processor load (Angry Birds, or Opera Mini browsing several pages).

Has anyone flashed the BeatsAudiob0314.zip yet? I just froze DSP manager and ran a backup, so I'm going to try it. (Edit: 10 minutes later... flashed the BeatsAudio zip and no issues so far... we'll see...)

I'm considering what launcher to add on this awesome ROM, too. I need a dock with 5 apps, and want more customizing of lockscreen and such. But loving this lightweight/high performing ROM.

Thank you, Boraichee!!!

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 127
  • shot_000007.jpg
    shot_000007.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 150
  • shot_000008.jpg
    shot_000008.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 134
  • shot_000010.jpg
    shot_000010.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 131
  • shot_000013.jpg
    shot_000013.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
How do you change the theme settings? And also why is my benchmark score lower than on miui? I have it supercharged as well as kak and 3g boost. I also boosted the sd and am running stable at 900.

I modified icons, colors, and such by using the Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen. Just make sure to do a Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. I had to flash twice, first time right after going into CWM, second time in CWM I mounted system & data first, then flashed.

Upvote 0
i can confirm that flashing reqs 900oc kernal before or after flashing this rom will cause you to lose wifi/data
first attempt i did as instructions say, and flashed over stock++ with wipe data/factory reset, booted into rom, everything worked.
then i flashed the 900oc, lost all data/wifi
2nd attempt reflashed stock++, then wipe data/factory reset, flash 900oc kernal. then monster 5, and no data/wifi
3rd attempt flashed stock++, then monster 5, wiped nothing..data/wifi worked.

Upvote 0
i can confirm that flashing reqs 900oc kernal before or after flashing this rom will cause you to lose wifi/data
first attempt i did as instructions say, and flashed over stock++ with wipe data/factory reset, booted into rom, everything worked.
then i flashed the 900oc, lost all data/wifi
2nd attempt reflashed stock++, then wipe data/factory reset, flash 900oc kernal. then monster 5, and no data/wifi
3rd attempt flashed stock++, then monster 5, wiped nothing..data/wifi worked.
flash 900 oc
wipe dalvic
wipe data
flash stock ++
with out reboot flash monster 5
(optional) flash beats audio
reboot

Reactions: Spikebob21
Upvote 0
I think my Ascend used to show 3G (it was running CM6). I just flashed it back to to stock 2.1, and wonder if I should switch my service to that phone temporarily to test whether my issue is about the Admire or the network in general, don't really care if it's 3G or not, but want better speeds.

I think my Admire showed 3G in the status bar, when I first got it a few weeks ago, but can't remember, and I've been running a custom ROM since May 1.

I guess I should try your recommended flash/upgrade steps to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones