• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] ALIENWARP v2.0.2 (Update v2.0.3 released)

The overall look is very smooth and looks good i am however back to noob ill be checkin out the updates for this as id like to switch once its a bit farther along when input from people has helped customize it even more i look forward to using this in the future
To be clear im not switching because of anything from the rom just waiting to see where it goes first

Upvote 0
The rom is great, absolutely love it. You did a great job and im a huge fan of alienware so you hit the spot. The only thing thats missing and it's not a huge deal but it doesnt have swipe to remove notifications, any reason for that? Otherwise real great job.

thanks glad you like it.

swipe2clear will be in an add-on
I didn't feel it was needed as a main feature.

Upvote 0
Okay, I've run 1.0.1b and 1.0.5b for awhile now and only found minor issues. The first is pretty trivial, but I notice in Chrome I can't log into this site. Pretty sure that's just the Chrome port, not your ROM. Second, I know you tried to reduce the footprint of the ROM, but please leave the Android Keyboard in. It's just a personal preference, but I can't stand XT9 lol Also, the transparent pull-down menu looks cool, but gets hard to read at times.

Overall a nice ROM, though! I'm still amazed how small it is. You've inspired me to trim some bloat
from my own ROM :)

Reactions: Tigatron
Upvote 0
Thanks merc.

As for Chrome yes it does have trouble logging into this forum but it does work ( changed my signature that way earlier) I've found if it doesn't show you as logged in most of the time if you click to go to a different part of the site it then shows you are logged in.

As for using XT9 that was my preferred choice from the group of the lite keyboards but I'll see about making a themed android keyboard and make it flashable unless others want it to be the default keyboard in a future release.

Now transparent notifications menu beingbut hard to read at times may be the first reason for a new release. I think the main problem I'm seeing is i made the item background too transparent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones