[ROM][Alpha][4.0.4]Codename Android 2.0.0

Last Updated:

1. rukin5197

rukin5197 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    PRESENTS
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][​IMG][/font]

Codename Android is a fully open source rom that focuses on speed, usability, and getting every feature that we can get CRAMMED in there :_con: .
    Our mission is to spread the Open Source Android love to as many people as possible, and get as many people involved as possible. Along with the rom there will be tutorials to get more people involved and learning how to build android step by step.

SCREENSHOTS (From a different device)
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]---------[/font]

[​IMG]

FEATURE LIST

Customizable Power Menu (reboot, profiles, screenshot, airplane mode, torch, navigation bar toggle, and silent toggle)
    Statusbar Power Widget: (long press statusbar settings button to enable/disable - toggle Sleep, Media Buttons, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Brightness, GPS, LED Flashlight, LTE, Mobiledata, Sound, Sync WiFi, WiFi AP, and WiMAX)
    Customizable Battery Status (icon style and miui style battery bar)
    Customizable Clock (clock style, am/pm style, clock color, and toggleable alarm clock icon)
    Customizable Signal Status (style)
    Customizable number of lockscreen targets
    Customizable lockscreen layout
    Customizable lockscreen text color
    Configurable lockscreen wallpaper
    Ability to unlock with menu
    Quick pin unlock (unlock with pin/password without pressing ok)
    Lockscreen before unlock (extra lockscreen before the PIN face lock, pattern, or password lockscreen)
    Ability to enable rotation on the lockscreen
    Sound toggle for camera (replaces the camera unlock target with one for toggling the sound settings)
    Volume wake (tap either the up ordown volume key to wake your phone from sleep)
    Volume music controls (long press volume buttons to skip tracks)
    Wait to lock screen (use androids timeout setting after you manually turn the screen off)
    Customizable Navigation Bar:
    - menu button visibility and location
    - number of navigation buttons
    - order of navigation buttons
    - color of navigation buttons
    - navigation bar size
    - button glow animation speed
    - navigation button transparency
    Custom Automatic Backlight Settings
    Customizable Rotation Modes
    Customizable Screen On/Off Animations
    Customizable LED Pulse (Duration and Color)
    USB Fast Charge Mode
    Ability to enable extra volume options (pressing the volume opens sliders for ringtone, alarms, notifications, and media sounds)
    Customizable Custom Carrier Label
    Customizable Statusbar Transparency
    Optional WebOs Style Recents List
    Performance Settings:
    - Start-Up Tweaks (configurable tweaks that run at boot - zipalign apps, enable sd card boost, fix permission, clear cache, enable sysctl, enable scheduled tasks)
    - Processor Speed (change cpu governor and clock speed)
    - Processor Voltage (changes cpu voltage of each frequency)
    - Memory Management (customize the usage of memory to alter system performance0
    - Disable boot animation (skip the boot animation for a faster boot)
    Custom Profiles (assign different profiles to change the behavior of your phone to your liking)
    Quiet Hours (the ability to set when and how notification sounds, haptic feedback, vibration and notification light will function between a certain times e.g. "Quiet Hours")
    Custom Launcher: (Originally built off of Trebuchet)
    - customizable number of homescreens
    - customizable default homescreen
    - removable search bar
    - ability to resize any widget
    - ability to hide icon lablels
    - configurable transition effects
    - ability to enable rotation
    Ability to unlink volumes and mute states
    Ability to turn off the USB debugging notification
    ADB over Network (enable TCP/IP debugging over Network interfaces (WiFi, Usb networks) )
    Configurable root access (disabled, apps only, ADB only, or Apps and ADB)
    Optional Long Press Back to Kill Apps
    Advanced Testing:
    - Configurable Build.Prop
    - Spare Parts Settings
    - Development Settings
    - Testing Settings

LATEST CHANGELOG

### 2.0.0
    * update to 4.0.4
    Check full changelog at link below

ROM

Codename-Android-(MOD)-2.0.0-RC-Triumph-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    MD5 = [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]e38267e9f7c53636632fffef2f930fa4[/font]

GApps HERE
    Filename gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    MD5sum 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c

BUGS
    --Camera isn't working
    --I've occured some random freezes that lead to a reboot, but that could just be me.
    Some of the stuff in Advanced Testing in Settings can bork your build/cause a brick. So unless you know what you're doing, stay out of there for now.
    --HDMI is not working. I didn't expect people to believe that it was, but.. lol.
    --You tell me.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Make a backup[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Wipe data/factory reset in recovery[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Flash Codename-Android-(MOD)-2.0.0-RC-Triumph-UNOFFICIAL.zip [/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Flash GApps[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Reboot[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Sign in[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. Wait for the phone to restore all your apps[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. Reboot[/font][/font]

CREDIT/THANKS

EVERYBODY IN THE ANDROID ATMOSPHERE!!! :_con:
    All other open sourcers that made a contribution to the project:
    Specifically: Google, AOKP, CM, Team Gummy, RootzBoat
    And of course, the main man for getting me through my errors, Mantera

DONATIONS
    Please tell me if I forgot your name/if you want a donation link.

Donate to Gannon5197
    Donate to Mantera
    Donate to Whyzor

Advertisement
  2. rukin5197

Mine..
    markzombie82 likes this.
  3. taha1112

taha1112 Well-Known Member

is Ril or camera working?

and THANKS A LOT for deving for the triumph

Edit: nvm
    rukin5197 likes this.
  4. Twizted6789

Twizted6789 Well-Known Member

Awesome bro downloading now thanks so much gannon

Edit: and if u ever need me to test I'm usually always online
    rukin5197 likes this.
  5. jarjar124

jarjar124 Well-Known Member

so is it working? i would test but I'm going to school now :p
  6. Twizted6789

Twizted6789 Well-Known Member

Yeah ril texting calling and data is working but not camera
    guiitardude likes this.
  7. d4rom

d4rom Member

Will give it a shot..
  8. jarjar124

ok i will give this a shot :) hopefully it doesnt brick my phone wen using rom control :p hows the battery life compare to cm9
  9. wigginst

wigginst Well-Known Member

Will be interested to see how you guys compare this to cm9 as far as stability. Also curious to see if it still has the Netflix not playing issue.
  10. Subzer0

Subzer0 Well-Known Member

So if we stay away from advanced settings, we will be ok? The whole bricking my phone thing worries me.
  11. wigginst

Also curious if the touchscreen responds faster than cm9 (don't have time to try this myself right now).
  12. pleckers87

pleckers87 Active Member

Is HDMI working?
  13. Virginmobileguy

Virginmobileguy Well-Known Member

Im also Wondering this? since he only stated that the camra has issues but can only be.on his device meaning it might or might not work but this rom seems more promising than that of manteras
  14. wigginst

I can't seem to get wifi to come on.

Edit: Nevermind - reboot fixed it. But the play store is not redownloading apps and is trying to charge for apps I already own again.... Going to attempt reflashing again.

Edit 2: Reflashed. Rebooted as soon as it finished booting up. Then after logging it all in all seems to be working ok.

Edit 3: Got it up and running and reset up as I like it. So far the customization is pretty cool (centered clock, choosing the look of the battery, custom carrier name etc.). It does seems slightly faster than CM9 to the touch (I seem to be doing less retouching to open things) and also a little faster loading. The camera obviously doesn't work as stated before. The bug with Netflix and google videos also seems to still be there. Will post more when have played with it more. So far: pretty happy with it. Have the same look as CM9 (which makes since with both being ICS) but seems a little quicker and more room to customize.

Edit 4: GPS found me inside the building I work in in around 30 seconds (within 20 feet at least). Also not a huge gamer but Angry birds seems to work fine. Bluetooth and wifi also seem to be able to play in the same sandbox together on here as well.
    rukin5197 likes this.
  15. jarjar124

testing now. so would this b a aosp rom?
  16. rukin5197

Based off of AOSP yes

Sent from my Motorola Triumph
  17. jarjar124

ok im runnng this rom and currently im loving it as much as cm9. i got to say cm9 has competition. im loving this rom. it has much more and i mean MUCH MORE features then cm9. more customization (which i love :) ) battery life so far is the same. no lag ( running v6 supercharger :D) and smooth. ril is working. data is working. its good so far. hoping to see this develope into something greater :D
  18. wigginst

So far I have found it a little smoother than Cm9.
  19. jarjar124

i believe theres a bug with email? i cannot open a mail with an attachment. it seems to force close email.

EDIT: nvm it works...but for certain emails it doesnt...idk y o.o
  20. emerald10

emerald10 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what themes I can use with this ROM? Same themes as CM9?
  21. wigginst

I would guess so on themes but I don't do much theming so can't say for sure.
  22. jarjar124

any theme as long as its hdpi and supports aosp ( which is cm9 as well)
  23. sellers86

sellers86 Well-Known Member

Wow that was fast. Way to go
    rukin5197 likes this.
  24. rukin5197

Surprisingly 15000x faster than OV.
  25. sellers86

sellers86 Well-Known Member