• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Android 2.2 FroYo - Brought to you by MDW (OC & Flash 10.1!)

Still has not worked for me. It has boot looped my phone twice. First time I tried to wipe all, then install over my rooted and OCed droid. No dice. Then I completely formatted the SD card, and reloaded my phone from scratch back to 2.01 then to 2.1 and root. Then did the advanced backup in sp recovery no ckecking anymore options then was already checked. Then I copied the already extracted folder to the nandroid folder and did the restore. Still going into bootloop. Also have pulled the battery. Its just not working for me. Im going back to 2.1 and staying stock until this goes public. Unless anyone else has any ideas?

Brian

Upvote 0
Highest benchmarks I'm getting is 9.4 mflops? I thought it was supposed to be like 100000 :thinking: SetCPU benchmarks in the mid 300s (granted it's running stock kernel)
Hopefully Pete or Cyanogen can work on this guy to get it blazing soon.

Also noticed when I'm updating apps it doesn't tell you about its phones' access (like network, phone calls etc.)

Upvote 0
Give it a few minutes to let it settle in guys. I was about to go back to NexBeast, but then the syncing finished. I've hit 12.56 Mflops twice on Linpack and seen short benchmarks of 170 with this stock kernal. It definitely starts to show it's speend and is very clean when it settles in.

Now the Flash not working is annoying, that I will grant

Upvote 0
I will wait till all the bugs are worked out, how much change from 2.1 rooted could there possibly be? I am getting almost 9 MFLOPS now, so?

Like I said it's still with the stock kernel (I think?) and not OC'd. MFLOPS for me running 500Mghz were generally around 4-5 and 1.2Ghz around 9. So there is the potential to get it up into the upper teens, I hope :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones