[ROM-AOSP][03-20-11] Evervolv | GRI40/Android 2.3.3 | v1.0.2b3 | Wimax!!!

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

You gotta hand it to thses Devs, they're improvements and new releases are coming out faster than I can try em. Evervolv now how wimax working, interesting. Looks good, may have to give this one a flash after I try destroyer :p. Here's the Change log:

Added 6bar signal, using HTC's scale of bars for signal(as seen on phones like evo, evo shift, etc..) * preludedrew & Adhvanit for the images.
    Added wallpapers with contributions from users * Exxodium, RyteSyde
    Added extended device info in settings. So far i have it showing each partitions used space. Still a WIP. *credits to leonnib4
    Started to brand a little more of evervolv... right now only the icon in wallpapers and Evervolv settings is done. * RyteSyde
    Changed music control images on lockscreen. This is also a WIP, creating a different looking layout. * Adhvanit
    Updated to Android 2.3.3 (GRI40). - google
    Wimax is now supported, thanks to the CM team.. including Shinzul & Toastcfh
    Standlone power control widgets, including Wimax, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Account Sync & Brightness (Wimax shows up for non-wimax phones for now... need to fix this, also the Brightness widget is operation but the UI is not 100%) * milesje, Adhvanit & preludedrew
    More but I'm forgetting stuff @ 1am.

If you'd like to download, check it out here:

Evervolv - Downloads - HTC Evo 4G

Advertisement
    Granite1, ocnbrze and Xtremedays like this.
  2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

Geezzzz! I just flashed the new Destroyer this morning! Guess that is what Nandroids are for. :)

Gonna give this one a flash too. Been waiting for a new version to come out. Thanks for the heads up!
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

well looks like i will have to take the plunge into the world that is aosp. especially now that they have 4g working. one question though, is there anything in particular that i need to do if i flash between aosp and sense roms. i heard going back and forth can create issues. should i do an extra wiping of everything?
  4. Xtremedays

I wipe data/factory reset, wipe davlik-cache, then run Caulkin's and have had no issues so far.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

well like you i just flashed the destroyer rom. gonna make a nandroid and will be flashing this one tonight!
  6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

This is getting out of hand. I have well over 5 roms dl'd that I haven't had time to try out! I need to take a vacation just to have time to flash all of these roms.
  7. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

does support ffc apps? The previous evervolv didnt work with oovoo and ffc quality was bad. Is that support only for senses based roms?

Other than that i love the roms. Will try this one?
  8. frenchy714

There are a few ROM's I would like to try out but am kind of reluctant to switch out of my current setup as of yet, I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type. I'm currently running VirusROM Infection RC.1 (3.29 build)/NA's 4.1.9.1 cfs more havs no sbc w/ downgraded radio's, and I've been unplugged for 2 days 9 hours 43 min. and 32 sec., and have 30% battery left. That involves plenty of talking on the phone, texts, browsing, etc....I'm loving the battery life :D.

I know I'll end up trying all these ROM's out eventually because I'm a flashaholic and it's in my nature :p. Anyone trying this out let us know how it goes.
  9. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

Do I have a link to your kernel u r using
  10. frenchy714

11. ocnbrze

so how do i get rid of the voicemail notification in the notification bar? not really a big deal but it is annoying to me.
  12. obscurehaven

obscurehaven Well-Known Member

The GPS is pretty faulty in this.
  13. Xtremedays

I ran Evervolv for a while and could never get rid of the notification. With CM you can clear it and not have it come back. Not sure why Preludedrew hasn't implemented the same thing.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

All 2.3 roms are having God issues...there are a few apps in the market that help. On multiple gb roms I have flashed a sense nandroid and reset GPS and open maps for 20 mins then flashed back to my gb rom and Viola.....but don't turn GPS off once you get it working.
  15. ocnbrze

not sure why, but it is really annoying me today. but, this rom is looking pretty good. now off to try one of the savage kernels.
  16. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

savage 1.6 bfs-sbc works pretty well for me. Great speed and i've been able to run my 3500mAh for 34hrs of average use. still got 32% battery left