• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][AOSP][Alpha] LiQUIDSMOOTH-v1.4.3 RC2 | Android: 4.0.4 | Date: 5/28/2012

i believe this is how u fix wifi. let me noe if it works. first turn on wifi then reboot. after reboot go into wifi. nothing would appear but scan n add network i believe. click add network n add ur network. after that click add. n the list of networks would appear. it worked for me. u can try adding any network to see. i added my own network to connect to n it worked. lmk if this worked.

Yeah it worked . Reboot to get the wifi to turn on & add your network for the list to appear

Upvote 0
liquid_triumph-ics-eng.v1.4.3.zip : download link is broken. I tried but couldn't get it to work.

EDIT: nevermind...i couldn't get the original download link above to work but when I copied and pasted it into my original post here it fixed it and allowed me to get to mediafire. I don't know whats up with it; maybe its just me someone else try the original download link by austrie to see if it's only me that it isnt working for. Anyways im about to test the rom once I download it.

Upvote 0
Awesome i will check this one out for a little while and then download the update with the tweaks and see how the changes are. Nice work one this rom and all the other work you've put in. I've been thinking about getting into developing but I wouldn't even have a clue where to begin and plus I don't got the hardware for it. But I got to say you, mantera, mobster, G60, b_randon, and the rest definetly know what your doing and its much appreciated.

Upvote 0
So far so good! Only one hiccup I've run into so far. I was watching a Youtube video in HD and it suddenly got all wonky after rotating the screen. Had to reboot to fix it; started to glitch up on me. However, this is in fact still in alpha so glitches are expected. Wifi is also a bit twitchy. Sometimes reboot is needed in order for it to scan/connect. Very smooth though! Everything else seems to work well so far ^_^

Oh where's the native undervolting settings located?

Is it just me or are the backlights for the buttons not working?

Oh and what's been changed in RC2 compared to your first release?

Upvote 0
Alright, I ran into a MAJOR issue with this. I installed via CWM, booted into the rom fine, then tried to overclock with the Daemon Controller App. It worked fine for a few seconds, then my phone rebooted itself and sat constantly on the boot screen with the water and won't boot into the rom. What's worse is that now when I try to get into recovery to wipe by holding down volume up and down and power, i can't get in. I'm basically stuck with a brick now...I can't even get into download mode by holding down volume and power. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Alright, I ran into a MAJOR issue with this. I installed via CWM, booted into the rom fine, then tried to overclock with the Daemon Controller App. It worked fine for a few seconds, then my phone rebooted itself and sat constantly on the boot screen with the water and won't boot into the rom. What's worse is that now when I try to get into recovery to wipe by holding down volume up and down and power, i can't get in. I'm basically stuck with a brick now...I can't even get into download mode by holding down volume and power. Any ideas?

Remove the battery completely. Then, with the battery out, hold the power button for a few seconds. After that, put the battery back in and boot into recovery mode. It should vibrate and boot into recovery mode as usual.

Upvote 0
Remove the battery completely. Then, with the battery out, hold the power button for a few seconds. After that, put the battery back in and boot into recovery mode. It should vibrate and boot into recovery mode as usual.

Tried that, didn't work. What did work was pulling the battery, putting it back in, letting it sit off for a few minutes, and then pressing power down and plugging the phone into the computer. This allowed me to enter download mode, where I replaced the stock recovery and then shut off the phone. The stock recovery pulled up after holding down volume up and down and power and from there i did a factory data reset and all is now well. Thanks though!

Upvote 0
Excellent job Austrie. Rom runs great, noticeably smoother than the CM7 rom I was running. No issues installing or booting up. Only problems I have noticed thus far are limited to the wifi issue explained and solved a few posts up, the weird screen glitch where the same two tiles multiply in number and take up the entire screen (reboot fixes that), and the custom status bar background force closing. All minor things that take nothing away from this masterpiece.

Upvote 0
Excellent job Austrie. Rom runs great, noticeably smoother than the CM7 rom I was running. No issues installing or booting up. Only problems I have noticed thus far are limited to the wifi issue explained and solved a few posts up, the weird screen glitch where the same two tiles multiply in number and take up the entire screen (reboot fixes that), and the custom status bar background force closing. All minor things that take nothing away from this masterpiece.

also going into lockscreen fcs :)

Upvote 0
the weird screen glitch where the same two tiles multiply in number and take up the entire screen (reboot fixes that).

I've noticed this as well. Pretty minor. Overall, great.

Edit: Anyone get the Backup/Restore to work under Liquid Control? Mine can't seem to write to the flash card. I can seem to write to it using things like ES File Explorer, so there's nothing wrong with the card.

I get a "We encountered a problem, restore not created" Scroll to the bottom and it says $#!+ we couldn't save to /mnt/sdcard/LiquidControl/

Anyone else?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones