[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Last Updated:

1. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I went over 1.3.1 as well and everything is good. Toolbox tweaking worked quite well.

I am a little sad it doesn't say "ghetto toolbox" anymore. :D

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i hope we can get a whole new array of brand new themes, with new battery icons, new swype themes, pulldown notifications, just different in general, i love the circle battery, but sometimes a change would be great to have ^_^
  3. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member

Excited to try this when I get home. Going to have to multitask while trying to cook dinner for my wife for vday tonight.
    deftdrummer likes this.
  4. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I jumped over to the Liberty bandwagon but there were some annoyances that have added up. I'm gonna go back to my trusty Apex so long as this new version hasn't added in major bugs. :)
  5. ad720

ad720 Well-Known Member

Really leaning toward trying this out...with a rooted X I've so far not felt the need for anything but stock. (Coming from my old Eris with many different ROMs)

I understand this ROM will come "baked" with ADW launcher. I prefer launcher Pro - can ADW be uninstalled?

Also, I assume I will need to install the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap (for $2.00 from the market) and then I will be able to make a Nandroid of my stock ROM?
  6. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Yes, you can uninstall ADW and use LP instead, I prefer LP myself.

And yes on bootstrap.
    ad720 likes this.
  7. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Yes you can remove ADW and use whatever launcher you would like.

Bootstrap is somewhat required and is real handy for making backups.
    ad720 likes this.
  8. ad720

ad720 Well-Known Member

Super, thanks for the quick responses. :)
  9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Love love love love it. All the blur I want without all crap I don't. EVERYTHING works flawlessly!
  10. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the Clock removal? I was able to get it to work but got a force close on reboot. I then powered down and then started it back up and it worked ok. Just checking to see if it was an app I had doing it or if it was from the rom, thanks...

BTW everything is running very nicely. :D
  11. jreed2560

That seems to be a common prob/solution popping up.
  12. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

So, are you saying that you like it? :rolleyes:
  13. jreed2560

No I love love love love it can't u read :D lol
  14. bouchigo

Dang it :mad: I downloaded the ApeX 1.4.0 zip file and after I wiped data cleared cache, dalvik, etc. I went to install ApeX 1.4.0 and it aborted....I had to restore my Liberty 1.5.

Turns out I didn't get a complete download of ApeX 1.4.0. Maybe it's a sign that I should just stick with Liberty :p:D
  15. jguns112

jguns112 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to uninstall Madden?
  16. beantown06

beantown06 New Member

jguns - if you are rooted, DL uninstaller for root and you will be able to uninstall any programs that came with your DX
  17. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Same here. For me the only "problem" on Liberty was the battery life. ApeX is definitely superior in this regard.
  18. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Well-Known Member

So I have it installed. Go me! Now, are there any themes available? And if so, how to install. In this regard, Liberty was very user friendly.
  19. bouchigo

No themes yet, you will have to wait.
  20. jguns112

jguns112 Well-Known Member

You have to flash new themes. Be sure to make a backup in case you don't like a theme. Also, I'm not sure what themes will still work with 1.4.
  21. jtpdx

jtpdx Member

how do I change the keyboard to the above screenshot?
  22. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Open Terminal Emulator, SU, apextoolbox, option 1 (customize apps), option 4 (keyboard).
    jtpdx likes this.
  23. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

anyone know where or how to get the yellow circle battery mod?
  24. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Got everything set up and all is smooth as expected. It isn't as snappy as Liberty but I suspect it's because of the screen transitions. I think they are pretty enough to keep them on my phone. Now it's time to dig into that toolbox. Would love to have a UI based toolbox like Liberty but I'm not gonna complain any more than that. Thanks for writing all those lines of code Fab! I've been following you on Twitter. ;)
  25. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

so glad I grabbed that .340 sbf and did just that this weekend. Clean stock, nandroid, now finally have that stock backup to do just this. Great idea and works so good!

Have a ton of backups now, I swear my phone is heavier! :)