[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Last Updated:

1. ad720

ad720 Well-Known Member

I must be missing something very obvoius - trying to run the scripts in terminal emulator and getting "access denied" for everything. I did do "SU" first and granted terminal emulator root access and I am seeing #.

2. rkid007

rkid007 Member

I want to try the new Apex. What I have a question about is the OC script. I still cannot find any resources on it. How does it work exactly? Do you choose a Voltage and then a range and then it applies it? Is there a way to customize or tweak each setting?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give.
  3. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

It is pretty snappy, but when I go to add a widget or change a shortcut on LP, it lags for me, on Liberty it was almost instantaneous.
  4. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

has anyone tried flashing the goodies.zip pack for apex 1.3.1 ? I am getting everything set up on my phone now and am going to back it up prior to flashing the goodies.zip but if anyone has tried it I was hoping to get the percentages back in the battery... Thx!
  5. diskovilante

diskovilante Well-Known Member

Get Titanium Backup and you can uninstall Madden and any other app you don't want from there.
  6. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

YES! Thank you for adding the clock removal in the Toolbox! Got that done first, now time to dive in and see what else is there. Great job on the Rom!
  7. diskovilante

I was wondering the exact same thing on the first page of this thread.

Do the goodies packs for 1.3.1 work on 1.4.0?
  8. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Is your phone attached to your computer in mass storage mode by any chance? The toolbox relies on the sdcard, so if that's mounted on your computer, your phone cannot access it.
  9. bouchigo

Is it just me, or is the "THX" sound not playing for anyone else with boot animation when the phone is booting up?
  10. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I never heard a peep out of mine, but I thought I read somewhere that those of us who came from Liberty won't for some reason. :confused:
    bouchigo likes this.
  11. Batbriel

Batbriel Well-Known Member

I am Sorry,, is there an option in the toolbox to turn off the Animations ? haven't seeing any so far :)
  12. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Spare Parts may be able to disable the animations.
    Batbriel likes this.
  13. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Yes, they can be disabled, or sped up, in Spare Parts.
    Batbriel likes this.
  14. jguns112

jguns112 Well-Known Member

I know, I was just wondering if there was a way to do it using the toolbox
  15. Raptor912

Raptor912 Well-Known Member

No THX sound for me and I am coming from Liberty
  16. ad720

ad720 Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for the response Fab. No, it's not connected to the computer and the SD card shows as mounted in settings.
  17. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I'm on RC2. Apex just rebooted. Hmm.. I guess I should d/l the release and do a data/cache wipe?

Edit: Who's going to advise those who advise? :p
  18. diskovilante

I see what you did there, haha :)
  19. jguns112

jguns112 Well-Known Member

Only problem I can find is that the in landscape mode the keyboard is pretty squished.

Also some of the blur Widgets don't work. Could this be because I removed the home launcher? Or maybe they don't work on lpp
  20. bouchigo

Really??? There has to be a way around it. I will see if I can get it to work then.
  21. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member

What a great Valentine's Day gift for girl geeks!
  22. bouchigo

Alright, got the sound to work for the boot animation; the boot animation has to be installed in /data/local.
  23. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

2 (install/delete apps)
    r (remove any ,apk
    Madden.apk (make sure the M is in upper case).

I tried to do it with Titanium but no luck. Apextoolbox nailed it.
  24. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I swear I tried that and it didn't work, lol. But it was late at night and I may have been delirious ;)

So all you did was move it from /system/media to /data/local?
  25. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Well-Known Member

How do you do this?