• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]AplusROM_2.2

Ok, so far I've found these two apps to not work:

Gasbuddy (The application GasBuddy (process gbis.gbandroid) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Kill it or Snitch). I've clicked on the snitch button, and hit the Kill it button now a couple of times.

c:geo; I can open it, but when I click on the Live Map button, it gives me (The application c:geo (process carnero.cgeo) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.) message. I can click on the Nearby button and it works.

I'm not sure why they don't work. Gasbuddy won't work at all, c:geo partially works.

Okay, so GasBuddy is giving me fc's as well so i'm trying to figure that one out. It might be the fact that stock Google apps like maps and search are not included in the rom. For the c:geo app, I got "live Map: working by going into settings and switching from Google maps to the choice right below that (can't recall the name atm) and it worked for me. I've never used either of those so it doesn't really affect me but, I was thinking of just including the Stock Google apps back into the rom to see if that helps. With A2SD it shouldn't be that big of a problem to take a few mb's back for that.

Upvote 0
Okay, so GasBuddy is giving me fc's as well so i'm trying to figure that one out. It might be the fact that stock Google apps like maps and search are not included in the rom. For the c:geo app, I got "live Map: working by going into settings and switching from Google maps to the choice right below that (can't recall the name atm) and it worked for me. I've never used either of those so it doesn't really affect me but, I was thinking of just including the Stock Google apps back into the rom to see if that helps. With A2SD it shouldn't be that big of a problem to take a few mb's back for that.
I flashed gapps330 from RomZeroFinal and weather bug now loads but it couldn't update the weather with gps so I entered my zipcode for updates and that's good enough for me. Now time to learn how to OC this phone:D!

Upvote 0
I flashed gapps330 from RomZeroFinal and weather bug now loads but it couldn't update the weather with gps so I entered my zipcode for updates and that's good enough for me. Now time to learn how to OC this phone:D!

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Flashing gapps puts the google apps on /system. I guess I'll go ahead and put the google apps back on the ROM. As far as oc'ing, just download SetCPU and figure out what max your phone can handle. I stay at 768.
Oh, and for weather bug, when I used to use it it would always say "failed to update location" but it always would. GPS works fine for me. A good tool is GPS Status.

Upvote 0

I followed your trick of using the next one down and it worked for me as well.

Upvote 0
New version 1.1 has been uploaded.
Changes:
Stock Google apps included i.e; Gmail, Search/Voice Search, Talk, Voice, and Maps (GasBuddy confirmed working)
Titanium Backup included

Woo hoo! I guess its time to do another backup and flash again. We'll see when I actually will get a chance to do it though. :) Is there a way to restore from a backup? I assume we have to go through the same procedure and wipe the sd? I'd like to be able to restore my configuration once the new version is flashed; instead of redownloading everything again and trying to get my home screen like I had it.

Edit: correct a wrong word put in by the auto correct

Upvote 0
Here's my latest screen shot. I put Go Launcher on my phone and am using currently:

snap20110717114152.png

By alfick3 at 2011-07-17

Upvote 0
Woo hoo! I guess its time to do another backup and flash again. We'll see when I actually will get a chance to do it though. :) Is there a way to restore from a backup? I assume we have to go through the same procedure and wipe the sd? I'd like to be able to restore my configuration once the new version is flashed; instead of redownloading everything again and trying to get my home screen like I had it.

Edit: correct a wrong word put in by the auto correct

You should wipe everything but you don't have to format your card again. That was just to partition it. Not sure about Go but Adw has a back up and restore option for settings and desktop layout.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Got it done this evening. All seems well. Gasbuddy and my geocaching app all play well with it now that you've included the Google apps. Woo Hoo! I like it. I also like that you included Titanium Backup this time. I was able to restore my apps and data one by one and didn't have to get it like I wanted it, it just was (with only a small amount of tweaking).

Reactions: Aplus
Upvote 0
Got it done this evening. All seems well. Gasbuddy and my geocaching app all play well with it now that you've included the Google apps. Woo Hoo! I like it. I also like that you included Titanium Backup this time. I was able to restore my apps and data one by one and didn't have to get it like I wanted it, it just was (with only a small amount of tweaking).

Glad to hear it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones