• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Behold II 1.6 (RSF) ~ TouchWiz Lite

If you use the cpu settings it depends. You can underclock the cpu or overclock it. so honestly it depends on how you set up the rom.

I overclocked it. It's much much faster than the previous roms but much much worse battery life.

Example:
With bearsfan85/microhaxo roms I got a benchmark of 210 (rfs version)
With the BH_MAN / Eugene roms overclocked I got a benchmark of 667 (I used the ext2 version)

This rom is based off of Eugenes roms so you have an overclocking option (with use of setcpu application).

Upvote 0
If you use the cpu settings it depends. You can underclock the cpu or overclock it. so honestly it depends on how you set up the rom.

I overclocked it. It's much much faster than the previous roms but much much worse battery life.

Example:
With bearsfan85/microhaxo roms I got a benchmark of 210
With the BH_MAN / Eugene roms overclocked I got a benchmark of 667

Sounds like a bad plan for me. I'm running bearsfan's rom, but I get bad battery life most of the time (thanks to the sleep bug). On the rare occasions I don't get the sleep bug though it lasts a good while. I just wish I knew what was trigger the sleep issue. I haven't been able to track it down, even with watchdog apps. :/

Upvote 0
If you underclock the rom it'll have better battery life. Your sleep issue is most likely an application that connects to the internet & has a refresh rate. Such as the facebook app. Just close all those apps completely and your phone will sleep. =)

I've tried, doesn't seem to help. Sometimes on a reboot it has the bug and sometimes it doesn't.

Upvote 0
If you underclock the rom it'll have better battery life. Your sleep issue is most likely an application that connects to the internet & has a refresh rate. Such as the facebook app. Just close all those apps completely and your phone will sleep. =)

I have found the iHeart Radio app to be a problem for me. No sleep after running this one. Even if I kill it in AutoKiller. I need to reboot after I run this one. So you are right. Need to take it one step at a time after reboot and see which is the culprit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones