• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{BETA.#3} Unofficial CyanogenMod 10

there is an other developer more then willing to help out but he want help getting the device his name is death2all110
This is true, I am definitely willing to help. But its pretty much impossible for me to develop for a device I do not own. Also, I work 40+ hours a week 2nd shift and work another job on top of that, so if you don't hear back from me Don't think I ran off from ya guys. I'm also currently supporting the Spectrum as well. Got them on CM11 and its stable for the most part. The device launched with android 2.3 ;).

If you guys are willing to donate for a cause, I'll create a chip-in and post a new thread. The spectrum team got me a device and I haven't ran off yet.

Reactions: Robrev6 and creed10
Upvote 0
chev,
I'm really enjoying your simplicity xl rom. as you said you will be working on both, do you think the progression of the evolution will make it better to stock with xl? What I'm trying to say is that your simplicity rom is already very stable and cm is hardly of the ground. so with all of the update you will do to simplicity, do you think it will stay ahead of cm s progress? Do you have great things planned for simplicity or do you think that cm will quickly pass it up? I kind of am enjoying having a unique room that everyone isn't using yet if you think cm will truly unleash this phones power i guess I'll switch when it's done. i hate to abandon such a solid rom that you probably spent much time producing. and I'm really excited to see the next update. i can only do the ota on Wednesdays because that's the only time i have wifi.
anyways, for those that are waiting for a more stable version of cm i recommend chevs original rom simplicity xl. it really makes this phone a lot better than out of the box. swap ram support, voltage control, pre removed bloatware, and much more. has a beautiful kit kat theme as well and it works hand in hand with xposed mods.
I've never used a cm rom before, I've always used xposed with nova prime on my old epic 4g touch but I'm really enjoying chevs simplicity rom. Chev can you give me an honest opinion on if you think simplicity will hold up or is cm going to blow it out of the water every time? sorry for the redundancy in this post but I've been up 3 nights straight and I'm beat.
thanks for your help and thanks for working hard to help us get these roms.
@sp0r412

Upvote 0
chev,
I'm really enjoying your simplicity xl rom. as you said you will be working on both, do you think the progression of the evolution will make it better to stock with xl? What I'm trying to say is that your simplicity rom is already very stable and cm is hardly of the ground. so with all of the update you will do to simplicity, do you think it will stay ahead of cm s progress? Do you have great things planned for simplicity or do you think that cm will quickly pass it up? I kind of am enjoying having a unique room that everyone isn't using yet if you think cm will truly unleash this phones power i guess I'll switch when it's done. i hate to abandon such a solid rom that you probably spent much time producing. and I'm really excited to see the next update. i can only do the ota on Wednesdays because that's the only time i have wifi.
anyways, for those that are waiting for a more stable version of cm i recommend chevs original rom simplicity xl. it really makes this phone a lot better than out of the box. swap ram support, voltage control, pre removed bloatware, and much more. has a beautiful kit kat theme as well and it works hand in hand with xposed mods.
I've never used a cm rom before, I've always used xposed with nova prime on my old epic 4g touch but I'm really enjoying chevs simplicity rom. Chev can you give me an honest opinion on if you think simplicity will hold up or is cm going to blow it out of the water every time? sorry for the redundancy in this post but I've been up 3 nights straight and I'm beat.
thanks for your help and thanks for working hard to help us get these roms.
@sp0r412

Thank you, as far as stable goes simplicity will always number 1. when compared with cm, You'll probably see more SimplicityXL updates than cm, too busy to fix bugs on cm right now.

Upvote 0
that's actually the answer i was hoping to hear!
Something strange has happened though and it's probably something I've done wrong but i was just playing around looking through my build prop files and I came across something with the rom build information. Now it still has it listed as the x.04 even after successfully doing the ota the other week. Now i thought i did it correctly. is this maybe just a nomenclature issue or is it possible i some how revered back? When i go to your ota program to check for updates it still says there is currently no updates. Note here's the catch. When i originally did the ota update , I didn't write the cache and after manually installing it I found that the swap files weren't present. So i went back to the key combo, wiped cache, and re flashed the update. it went through most of the update then at the end of the aroma installer it said now you must reboot AND error cannot find .04. So i just rebooted manually and when i arrived back at the es file explorer i checked to see if the swap files were present and they were so i assumed it was a success. You actually explained that i received the error message because you could not jump versions anymore because the ota are just patches. So, what is a sue for thing for me to check to verify that i am running the proper version? if I'm not then how could i get back to the new one? would i have to find the original rom somewhere then patch from there or what? And with the whole swap ram update, exactly how much team should i now have and how could i validate it? i think I'm opt in for you to get my info if you could check it out for me. I want to stay up to date with this, I really don't want to fall behind. I know you are a busy guy so when you get some free time please let me know. if i am dirtying up this thread i apologize and if you want it might be even easier if you message me on Google hangouts. my handle is mygreenbic @gmail.com . I wanted to have a quick chat with you anyways because I have a couple ideas you might like for the next update but i don't want to say them to you in public because this is your brainchild and i don't want to appear to be looking for credit or anything for your ideas. So yes that would be great if i heard from you on hangouts. have a great day!
respect
dg

Upvote 0
that's actually the answer i was hoping to hear!
Something strange has happened though and it's probably something I've done wrong but i was just playing around looking through my build prop files and I came across something with the rom build information. Now it still has it listed as the x.04 even after successfully doing the ota the other week. Now i thought i did it correctly. is this maybe just a nomenclature issue or is it possible i some how revered back? When i go to your ota program to check for updates it still says there is currently no updates. Note here's the catch. When i originally did the ota update , I didn't write the cache and after manually installing it I found that the swap files weren't present. So i went back to the key combo, wiped cache, and re flashed the update. it went through most of the update then at the end of the aroma installer it said now you must reboot AND error cannot find .04. So i just rebooted manually and when i arrived back at the es file explorer i checked to see if the swap files were present and they were so i assumed it was a success. You actually explained that i received the error message because you could not jump versions anymore because the ota are just patches. So, what is a sue for thing for me to check to verify that i am running the proper version? if I'm not then how could i get back to the new one? would i have to find the original rom somewhere then patch from there or what? And with the whole swap ram update, exactly how much team should i now have and how could i validate it? i think I'm opt in for you to get my info if you could check it out for me. I want to stay up to date with this, I really don't want to fall behind. I know you are a busy guy so when you get some free time please let me know. if i am dirtying up this thread i apologize and if you want it might be even easier if you message me on Google hangouts. my handle is mygreenbic @gmail.com . I wanted to have a quick chat with you anyways because I have a couple ideas you might like for the next update but i don't want to say them to you in public because this is your brainchild and i don't want to appear to be looking for credit or anything for your ideas. So yes that would be great if i heard from you on hangouts. have a great day!
respect
dg

Download the 1.0.6 zip from the thread and flash it to make sure you're on 1.0.6. I dont really take ideas for the ROM, If its something that can easily be done by the user i certainly wont implement it into the ROM. If its something that would need porting/time, i probably still wont do it. Im not in any shape to be porting stuff right now, just small stuff and maintaining the ROM for now.

Reactions: mygreenbic
Upvote 0
Just a question about this phone and its ROMs in general: has anyone else considered or wondered about the probability of swapping the internal and external sdcard mounts? I remember they tried that in the galaxy prevail 2/ring section but I dont think they actually got it to work. It was a standalone mod, and I thought it would have (and hopefully will be) really useful. I would be all over that. I'm going to do some research on that myself and see if there's anything I can do as far as porting or making such a mod for this ROM or simplicity. Great work though!!! I've actually been using CM10 in depth for a couple of days and I'm blown away at how responsive and stable it is so far! No random crashes of freezes or anything like that!!! If it werent for the 3G/4G issue, I'd stay on this forever!!! Haha :p

But still though, you devs who have been working on this ROM have no idea how much I appreciate the time and effort you're putting into this :)
I'll try to chip in a little bit however I can. You guys are awesome!

Upvote 0
Download the 1.0.6 zip from the thread and flash it to make sure you're on 1.0.6. I dont really take ideas for the ROM, If its something that can easily be done by the user i certainly wont implement it into the ROM. If its something that would need porting/time, i probably still wont do it. Im not in any shape to be porting stuff right now, just small stuff and maintaining the ROM for now.

please give me link download rom cm11

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones