• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][RC][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 12/3/2014

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2012
North Las Vegas , Nevada
This is a beta release of CyanogenMod 11 for the Zte Awe so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a backup just in case. Please report and bugs you encounter, preferably with a logcat.

About (Taken from Cyanogenmod website)

CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Camera ( flash the camera fix in the patches section below)
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • MTP
  • GPS
  • Tethering

What's partially working:

What's not working:

Issues:

Change Log (source)
Click

Change Log (device)
HTML:
12-3-2014
Enabled selinux to enforcing
fix wifi mac address.
added back app2sd
added charging led for offline charging

7-1-2014
Synced up with latest source
Fix GPS
Fix proximity sensor
Ported option to move apps to SD from slim rom
Added Overclocking. Borrowed from Spocks kernel
Added a couple I/O schedulers and governors

6-20-2014
Fix various audio issues
synced with latest source

6-15-2014
Initial release

Credits and thanks:

Cyanogenmod
Hroark13
Jimsmith80
ZTE

Patches:

============
Camera Fix - Click
============

Gapps:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

Download:

http://d-h.st/lCG9

Screenshots:
Comming Soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Last edited:
For best results coming from another ROM I'd advise a clean install.
This will also give the most accurate bug reporting versus trying a dirty flash. Should you want user app data restored I recommend TiB or the like. Here's how I always install a test/beta build...

Reboot Recovery
Wipe Data, cache, dalvik and system
Install ROM zip
Install GApps

Reactions: thegoogleman
Upvote 0
Using GPS Status https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2 (free on Play Store) in conjunction with the native GPS seems to be a fix in the interim. Have only tested with Maps, Google Now and G+.
tu6ebugy.jpg

Reactions: java007md
Upvote 0
This will also give the most accurate bug reporting versus trying a dirty flash. Should you want user app data restored I recommend TiB or the like. Here's how I always install a test/beta build...

Reboot Recovery
Install ROM zip
Install GApps

This will not erase the SD card right?

Upvote 0
Just an FYI for those of you who like to lower your DPI, don't lower it further then 213 or else most apps seem to break. Don't know if thats a KK or CM issue. I didn't think anything of it when I set my DPI to 200 as I've always done, but it turned out that it broke mostly all of my apps.

Upvote 0

Reboot Recovery
Install ROM zip
Install GApps

Do I also need to wipe internal storage? I am using the tarp recovery made by phenom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones