• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 6/27/2014

I think this ROM must be really cool. I have not had access to an Elite yet, but I will soon and I want this ROM on it. :)
I really want to compile it myself, and all I need to know is which repos are used to build it. @Phenomx4, could I get a look at your build manifest or could you tell me which of your GitHub repos I need?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I think this ROM must be really cool. I have not had access to an Elite yet, but I will soon and I want this ROM on it. :)
I really want to compile it myself, and all I need to know is which repos are used to build it. @Phenomx4, could I get a look at your build manifest or could you tell me which of your GitHub repos I need?
Thanks!
android_device_lge_m3s
android_kernel_lge_m3s
android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy-1
android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy-1
vendor_qcom_proprietary

Reactions: Member1725666
Upvote 0
Bug report: after the phone has been used for an extended period of time, the screen doesn't come back on. The power button hangs up the call but none of the other buttons work. This can be a problem when you need to access keypad for vmail after listening to long message. Also an issue when you need to switch to other line or check something on the phone while on a call, etc.

Upvote 0
Another bug report: When using Total Commander, SuperUser Request keeps popping up, even when you select "Allow". Not sure if this is an App issue or a ROM issue. (Edit: App issue because other Apps work fine with SuperUser)

Pretty solid ROM for the most part. GPS crashes occasionally (1 time in 10 or so?) and there may be an issue with screen timeout (see my post above).

Upvote 0
@phenomx4 .... I noticed that there is no option under "Storage" in "Setting" to safely, Un-Mount the Ext SDCard, so I did some research & supposedly this was an issue that was left out of early versions of CM11, there should be an "UnMount" option in "Settings/Storage" right where the Available size is for the Ext SDCard & above the "Erase SDCard" option. On the CyanogenMod website they had stated that they found the issue & fixed it in later versions of the CM11 Nightlies,
Is there any way that you could maybe get the corrected version & make us a Patch to fix this problem? or if needed, post us an updated copy of the Rom? It would be a big help, as I am unable to do any Formatting or Partitioning of the Ext SDCard without that Safe UnMount option. THANX

Upvote 0
I agree that battery life is much worse than AOKP 4.2.2.

I have to say, I like this ROM but I loved AOKP 4.2.2 (other than the last few remaining bugs).

Cm11 battery life is decent. better then slimkat(Which had a tendency to overheat)I got 16-19 hours out of it with mild use.(Airplane mode with wifi though) CM11 fixes the most annoying bug that 4.0-4.2 and slimkat had for this phone and that was the bug were sometimes(Quite frequently actually) the phone would not wake up when the power button was pressed. It would take 2-3 minutes. The keys would turn on but not the phone. So annoying when trying to make a call.

How long did battery on AOKP last?

Also Google services is using 85% of battery?

Upvote 0
Not sure how long the battery lasted on AOKP but I only had to charge it once a day with light use. With 4.4.4, I'm charging the phone 3 or more times a day to keep it over 50%ish. There were 3 annoying bugs in AOKP though (see my comments in the AOKP thread).

Havent checked Google Services - maybe that is the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones