• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][RC][4.4.4] SlimKat 12/22/2014

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2012
North Las Vegas , Nevada
This is a beta release of SlimKat for the Zte Awe so please don't expect this to be 100% stable. Before flashing this rom I recommend you make a backup just in case. Please report and bugs you encounter, preferably with a logcat.

Slim-ROMs_zps1654cd79.jpg

What works:

• Audio/speaker phone
  • Camera ( flash the camera fix in the patches section below)
  • Headset/headphones
  • Calls and texts
  • Touchscreen
  • Lights/brightness
  • Offline charging
  • External SD
  • Wifi
  • Proximity sensor
  • MTP
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Tethering

What's partially working:

What's not working:

Issues:

Change Log (source)
Click

Change Log (device)
HTML:
7-14-2014
Initial release

Credits and thanks:

SlimRoms
Hroark13
Jimsmith80
ZTE

Patches:

============
Camera Fix - Click
============

Gapps:

Normal:
Downloads - Addons4.4 - Slim_normal_gapps.4.4.4.build.8.x-282

Slim/Mini:
Downloads - Addons4.4 - Slim_mini_gapps.4.4.4.build.8.x-282

Download:

https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...-4.4.4.build.9.0-UNOFFICIAL-20141222-1159.zip

Screenshots:
Comming Soon

While donating is not required to use this rom it's always appreciated
Donations:

Last edited:
Idk if its a bad download or not but zip won't flash for me and I am also having problems getting data on PAC rom

Same here. I have redownloaded it and verifed the md5 with winmd5. I will try to flash the new download and see if i get the same error. If i do i will post the twrp log. I don't use data on any of the roms so I can not confirm that one.

Upvote 0
Here's what I see that's not good.

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: Device or resource busy
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy
minzip: Can't create containing directory for "/system/bin/adb": I/O error
minzip: Extracted 43 file(s)
minzip: Extracted 0 file(s)
Symlinks and permissions...failed to mkdir /system/bin/dump.f2fs: Read-only file system

symlink: failed to symlink /system/bin/dump.f2fs to ../bin/fsck.f2fs: making parents failed
symlink: failed to symlink /system/bin/dump.f2fs to ../bin/fsck.f2fs: No such file or directory
script aborted: symlink: some symlinks failed
symlink: some symlinks failed
I:Legacy property environment disabled.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Rom/Slim--4.4.4.build.6.2-UNOFFICIAL-20140715-0303.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Rom/Slim--4.4.4.build.6.2-UNOFFICIAL-20140715-0303.zip'

Upvote 0
I got it flashed. After formating a lot and rebooting in to recovery about 3 times. Also took the battery out and reset the SD card. Is the errors maybe from my SD card going bad or being corrupted? I should move everything off of it and do a fresh format. Also I noticed sometimes when I flash the 4.4.4 builds my old boot animation I added to the earlier builds of cm11 shows up. I use the latest tarp and format everything except external SD when changing roms. Not sure if it is erasing everything if that boot animation shows up. Also the charging animation was a solid Grey block. Not sure if it still is. Anyways this rom will hopefully be my daily driver soon. Was going to use pacrom but this is much more responsive and has a nice feature set. THanks again for all your hard work. You really are a machine lol.

Upvote 0
DB I am on slimkat now but have the same problem on all the 4.4.4 builds that I talked about in the carbon thread. My talkatone crashes if I have hardware echo cancelation enabled not proximity sensor like I believe I said before. That's probably why everyone I talk to hears an echo. I will post a logcat soon with it enabled and maybe it could help someone help me and others that may also have similar problems

Logcat from Android tuner

Upvote 0
Does anyone get a grey charging block when the phone is off? I posted before about if there was a way to change it to be more like stock but with a differant color like teal.

Also I haven't found an option on the power menu to reboot to recovery or boot or screen shot. Is there away to enable these through the rom without using xposed? TIA.

Yes there is. In Developer Settings. Look for "Advanced Reboot".

Upvote 0
Reactions: modhatter6811
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones