• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Lucid

Do you have an external SD card? The CWM installed through rom manager needs an external SD card to function. If you have a card and it is still fighting you, backing up, reformatting to FAT32, and restoring has been reported to fix it as well.

If you're using the spectrum exploit, make sure that you have matched the exploit to the stock ROM version you are using. There is one for gingerbread and one for ICS. It may take a few tries.

I haven't had time yet to get a source-built CM10 that boots, so I have a weird build environment based on a quattrimus spectrum ROM with the patches applied via script. After front cam gets fixed, the beta builds should hopefully come out of an actual CM source build.

I have a external sd card. I'll try the exploit for spectrum on ics. Thanks for the concern, will post results.

Upvote 0
I tested my MHL adapter and nothing happened. Is there some setting that I need to start/set?

Try this standalone kernel and see if you get a picture or an error message (make a nandroid in case it bootloops, flash it over an A2 rom, wipe cache just to be safe). If nothing happens again, could you reboot and pull a log (dmesg and logcat) 5 seconds after plugging in the mhl adapter? I think it's something small that I missed in the config or display driver port.

The only changes in this kernel pertain to MHL, no benefit to flashing it if you aren't testing MHL.

Upvote 0
Try this standalone kernel and see if you get a picture or an error message (make a nandroid in case it bootloops, flash it over an A2 rom, wipe cache just to be safe). If nothing happens again, could you reboot and pull a log (dmesg and logcat) 5 seconds after plugging in the mhl adapter? I think it's something small that I missed in the config or display driver port.

The only changes in this kernel pertain to MHL, no benefit to flashing it if you aren't testing MHL.

gift for ya ;)

https://github.com/playfulgod/android_device_lge_vs840

just fork it on github and then git clone it locally. ;)

And another ;)

http://tinyw.in/nZHp

Should boot and work as well as the spectrum cm10 rom you been using. ;)

Upvote 0
gift for ya ;)

https://github.com/playfulgod/android_device_lge_vs840

just fork it on github and then git clone it locally. ;)

And another ;)

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10-20130312-UNOFFICIAL-vs840.zip

Should boot and work as well as the spectrum cm10 rom you been using. ;)

Thanks for the help, but as of now I don't have 30GB free so I can't try it yet. I will try it once I clean some stuff off this tiny SSD.

EDIT: Flashed the rom you built, all looks good, other than the baseband coming up as "unknown" which is a quick and easy fix. Front cam still no go...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, but as of now I don't have 30GB free so I can't try it yet. I will try it once I clean some stuff off this tiny SSD.

EDIT: Flashed the rom you built, all looks good, other than the baseband coming up as "unknown" which is a quick and easy fix. Front cam still no go...

no problem.

Yea I just fixed that on the connect, just took tdms init.qcom.baseband.sh and edited as needed.

Upvote 0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ousxe4nz5tsfqm/logcat.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qugy22t19avvwh/dmesg.txt

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the logs. It looks like it can't find the MHL driver IC so it refuses to start. Did the MHL adapter work properly on the stock ROM? It is disabled in the lg source (not like I trust it), which may mean that it never worked correctly.

I don't think that MHL was an option with this phone. I hooked up my wife's stock ICS non-rooted phone to the adapter and nothing was displayed. Is there anything you want me to grab/check on that phone?

Upvote 0
I tested the a1 ROM over the weekend with the SIM card in it. It only had 3G displayed. I didn't do any speed tests on it because I was more focused on why the GPS wasn't working. I'll grab the SIM card tomorrow and check out the radio with the a2 ROM

its weird though i only get 4g for a minute then it turns off for another few minutes, then it switches to 3g.:(

Upvote 0
I don't think that MHL was an option with this phone. I hooked up my wife's stock ICS non-rooted phone to the adapter and nothing was displayed. Is there anything you want me to grab/check on that phone?

I didn't think that the lucid had the actual MHL driver chip in it, but this was a wishful attempt at porting spectrum code in the hopes that it might run.

Since it probably will never work due to the lack of hardware, we can scratch it off the list. A3 will disable MHL and get us a few megs of RAM back from the kernel. I'm still trying everything but the front cam won't respond.

Upvote 0
A3 is up, tentative front cam fix for preview and snapshot. Video does not record on front camera only, will investigate.

With this issue hopefully cleared, I will attempt a source build using PG's repo with the newest patch set for the next update. This will become the "B" (beta) series of ROMs, one more step towards stable.

Upvote 0
Great work!
AOKP 41 is also doing great. I got the back camera and GPS working and its smooth.
But there isnt really a difference between cm10 and aokp...

aokp is really cm with added features or redone cm features and umm yea pink unicorns. ;)

Far as being 'better', no its not, as good? matter of opinion. A good rom?? yes and choices are nice.

Personally I prefer CM. ;)

And good job stcarlos, trying those camera changes now on the connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones