• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

Just went to go on a cruise in my car, plugged in the AUX cord and realized the Headphone Jack doesn't work yet. I don't know if you knew this or not Ticker, didn't want to seem like a d**k for pointing out something you already knew?

On a side note, everything else seems to be working great for me! Thanks for all the hard work man.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So this week, I learned how to root my phone, apply clockwork mod, create a nandroid backup, and install your beta version of CM7. I am proud of myself. But most of all, I am proud of you and how far you've come on the mod. I love it a lot so far and can't wait for you to have it finished. I am waiting as patiently as I can (Not a patient person lol.) Thank you Ticker and Isaac and anybody else involved in this developement for your time and hard work. You are doing a great job!!!

Upvote 0
Awesome!!

Any chance you can push your changes to Github?

In regards to lights and whatnot, you'll probably need to mess around with liblights. AFAIK, I'm only using the generic liblights for a msm7x30 device.

What was wrong with RIL? Was it in frameworks?

In any case, great work tickerguy. I'm glad someone has continued where I left off. I really hope to get back into CM7 when I find the time. :)

Upvote 0
I would not expect the EvDO "fix" to do anything.

There is nothing preventing you from swapping the PRL using Qualcomm's toolbox, but it will always show on the screen as 1115. The reason for this being "hacked in" is that Qualcomm was kind enough to **redefine** a **used** call into the RIL to get the PRL number, and since what they did was also undocumented I was unwilling to play that game and thus "faked" the display.

Reactions: lenovot60
Upvote 0
This ROM works just fine for me. I get much better coverage than I did on the stock ROM, even a little better than on my Optimus V! Wireless Tether for Root Users works, but only loads Google pages (Google, YouTube, etc), Barnicle doesn't work at all. EasyTether works 100%. Everything else works fine, except of course the bugs you listed. My Quadrant score was 2063, almost as much as it was overclocked at 1.4GHz on the stock ROM (2112). Any plans to add overclocking?

@oldmanstatic download and install this to get the latest market.

I do have a couple bugs I've found, though it could just be for me. I don't get haptic feedback when pressing a soft key, and they don't light up either.

I have been using this as my daily ROM, I hardly ever notice the bugs! If there's anything you don't want to or you don't have time to test, I'd be happy to do it for you :)

EDIT: I have fixed the soft keys not lighting up by going into settings, display, brightness and toggling auto brightness, but they stop working when I lock the screen.

EDIT 2: I ordered an HDMI cable online, I will test HDMI out as soon as I get it.

Reactions: StaticMaal
Upvote 0
If YOU sleep it (hit the power button) it will reliably wake back up. If IT sleeps, it sometimes does not, and the bad part of that is that it actually hard-locks somewhere in the kernel as I can't get a log from it. (The "you hit the button" was the part I fixed.) I'll eventually find that but it may be a while due to the rather "unique" circumstances of it dying. I suspect it's sensor or CPU power-state related which is why I'm not going after that first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones