[ROM] Bionix Fusion 1.0 - Team Whiskey Production - *10/19/10*

Last Updated:

1. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Another ROM that was just released. This DOES not include the VooDoo so you will need to download and install that after you flash this. BUT if you were running VooDoo disable it before flashing this one or you will be sorry as usual

[ROM] Bionix Fusion 1.0 - Team Whiskey Production - *10/19/10* - xda-developers

I love the all black theme with black keyboard, and he also incorporated a reboot option in the restart menu, very slick

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Got it installed yet? I've installed...flashed Voodoo...doing a Titanium restore as I write.

3. bootsie

Yeah running it now. Its slick, I am hoping the battery is better. But at this point, I am giving up and accepting it. I mean 14 hours on a smartphone is good I think, as long as I can make it from 5am to 10 pm or close I am stoked.

I love the modifed Launcher Pro, but I thought I heard it was a battery hog??? I am curious why they included it

4. w_bovine

I've used LP from the start and never saw it as a battery hog. I tried Zeam Launcher for a while, and it's nice, but LP has an option to backup screens/settings, so I decided to stick with it, especially since I've been flashing ROM's so much lately.

I had pretty darn good battery life with 1.9.1. I'll always be skeptical of people who claim 50%+ battery life after 10 or 12 hours of moderate to heavy use. Just doesn't compute really.

Titanium restore was successful, LauncherPro restore successful...all is looking very good right now!

5. bootsie

My battery life is back to ridiculous. After a recondition I am at 90% after 10 hours. SKIDALEDOO!!!!

6. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

which kernel are u using?? and ur saying battery life is lot better now?? (about the kernel what's the difference between kingklix and jacs? which one would u recommend?) thanks in advance

7. bootsie

I am saying my battery life is incredible! Way better than the past couple Bionix Releases. I am running the Jacs OC/UV with VooDoo

8. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

How have you been liking this rom other than the battery life? Any bugs you have noticed? hows your cell reception?

9. bootsie

I have had zero recpetion issues, the ji2 has always worked perfect for me, GPS is great even though I dont use it ever, i did test it. Its smooth and quick. the only bug I have seen is the HTC Keyboard causes a FC. The only thing I dont like is the lockscreen, its the glass piece and it takes like 4 swipes to unlock the phone. I have not had time to investigate other options of fixes for that. I dont have my kids tonight or any ladies wanting attention so I was really going to play with it tonight, movie, angry birds.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who likes to flash roms

10. w_bovine

I second that. It's even smoother and perhaps faster than Bionix. This is good stuff folks. You won't recognize your Vibrant after installing Fusion.

I've yet to run into any problems and it appears, from reading the forums, that there are very few people reporting significant troubles other than those that can be attributed to individual apps, as opposed to the ROM itself, and bad/improper/unprepared flashes.

11. deeoh1084

:D LOL "any ladies wanting attention" but this fusion rom also has 4 different lock screens i'm currently using the puzzle lock and it's awesome!!! (i'm still on the bionix 1.9.1) trying to decide if i should go with the fusion rom.... i just hate backing up all the apps after flashing the rom... is voodoo really worth it?

12. mavictb

Sounds good then... I just dont wanna flash it then have 1.2 come out in 3 hours hahaha.

13. Craxer

Craxer Active Member

Scratch it. Just rebooted after I used Titanium and it is back to working.

14. w_bovine

I haz the Voodoo. :) I like it quite a lot. You have to be careful to disable it before you flash anything, but that's easy enough to do. It really does make the phone fly!

You have to install Voodoo separately now; it's not included in any of the Fusion ROM's. After you flash the ROM and make sure everything is in order you can flash Voodoo in the same manner as you flashed Fusion.

[PRJ] Vibrant Voodo Lag-fix w/OC-Optimized 2.6.29 Kernel - Beta4 9/19/2010 - xda-developers

15. Craxer

Craxer Active Member

One quick question. Can I use ODIN to add the JI6 to the JACs Fusion mix?

16. bootsie

I believe you can just download the ji6 from Team Whiskey and just boot into recovery and install the zip. I have done that a few times, but the damn ji2 modem is way better on battery life

17. bootsie

I just reflashed the LS version of Fusion so I could have the lockscreens. Well you can install the ROM without VooDoo, but I have been using it for so long I am used to it. I never back up my apps, everytime I flash a ROM i start clean and fresh

18. ouroboros

ouroboros Member

How's Pandora working on your Voodoo'd kernel?

19. w_bovine

Do you mean the JI6 modem? Yes you can. I believe you can also find .zip files you can flash through Clockwork here:

Downloads - Team Whiskey

20. w_bovine

I've never used Pandora. Yeah, that makes me weird I guess. :rolleyes:

I've seen numerous reports about trouble with Pandora. Suggestions on how to deal with it include using the stock kernel, setting SetCPU to 400MHz/1200MHz, not overclocking at all or uninstalling SetCPU altogether and using a script to regulate the overclock.

It appears to be more a function of CPU speed/clocking than an issue with Voodoo from what I've read.

21. mavictb

I flashed Fusion last night with the stock kernel this time... I will flash the voodoo kernal over it when i have time (the girlfriend wanted attention last night lol) I think I may go back to the JI6 modem also... it seems to work better in my Condo for some reason.

anyway the ROM is pretty sick... I have always used LP so having a ROM based off of it is nice. Seems really slick and lag free (even on the stock kernel) with no bugs other than the modded keyboard not working. The battery life is about the same as 1.9 to me so I didnt see much improvement there.

22. bootsie

Just an update about battery life. I flashed fusion 1.1 yesterday along with voodoo around 10am on a full charged battey, reset battery stats and now am trying to kill the battery it's been unplugged for over 26 hours and I am still at 40 percent. And I have been using the phone as normal. Testing emails facebook and some surfing. I am blown away

23. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

ive got 1.1 installed with oclfs lagfix im in love with my vibrant now ive never had a phone do things so quickly lol

24. Twitch110

Twitch110 Member

How did you apply oclf on fusion? It doesn't allow you to do it because he already incorporated the ext2 lagfix within the rom itself...? Did you do some sort of work around?

25. deeoh1084