• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Black Plague w/ Plague kernel

Hello PG,

thank you for cooking this ROM, But i have an issue when trying to install Apps sometimes from the store, and anytime i try to install an apk file. It has this weird animation come up and then it seems all my connections die to my phone. After it has its "stroke" i notice that the status bar at the top of the page that usually shows volume and connection strengths is missing till reboot. I ran the update on Holo that Play said it has available.. maybe thats where this issue started?

Update: I have tried clearing the cache and data files to the download manager and play store.. no luck... still the same animation and then dead connections till i reboot or go into airplane mode and back out. Noticed RickRussellTX is having a very simular problem.. im going to try to fix permissions and if that does not do it do a fresh wipe and reinstall.

Update 2: No beans, did a wipe of all the cache and reinstalled.. still doing the same thing.. any tips PG?

Update 3: I installed No. 2 and it works great with no installer issues.. works great.

Same here

Upvote 0
Hi, can I ask a favor? Can someone make a .zip file for the stock LG answer phone sliders? I would like to have those back if it's possible. You know when the phone rings and you have to slide left or right, I would like the stock LG version back. That is if someone can make me a zip file?? :) Other than that everything seems to work okay (except the battery life, man it goes fast)!

Thanks all!

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find anything on it with search. I installed the ROM and I like it, but have one thing I would like to change. The system font is dark gray on a black background and I can hardly see it. How do I change the color? All the apps I found will change the font, but not the color. Thanks in advance.

Yea, the small text needs to be about 30% brighter than what it is now and I think it would be perfect then.... let me know if someone posts a .zip file we can flash..... me no programer..... hehehe :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi, can I ask a favor? Can someone make a .zip file for the stock LG answer phone sliders? I would like to have those back if it's possible. You know when the phone rings and you have to slide left or right, I would like the stock LG version back. That is if someone can make me a zip file?? :) Other than that everything seems to work okay (except the battery life, man it goes fast)!

Thanks all!

Hi all, so no one can help with this or with the real dark small text?

Upvote 0
Hi all, so no one can help with this or with the real dark small text?

Im pretty sure the dev or who ever would do it for you has to resign the zip and its pretty much retheming the apps that you need. See if there is a kitchen out there that can work with the LG Connect. Another you can do is try getting a stock rooted rom zip and pull all the apps XML that you need to retheme. Then use root explorer and try placing the the files into the current rom that you have . Put them in the same place they were before. Then reboot into rocovery and fix permissions. Make sure to do a full backup of your rom before trying any of this. Now im not really too sure about any of this but its a start I think lol...

can a dev please double check I may be way off :p

Upvote 0
Im pretty sure the dev or who ever would do it for you has to resign the zip and its pretty much retheming the apps that you need. See if there is a kitchen out there that can work with the LG Connect. Another you can do is try getting a stock rooted rom zip and pull all the apps XML that you need to retheme. Then use root explorer and try placing the the files into the current rom that you have . Put them in the same place they were before. Then reboot into rocovery and fix permissions. Make sure to do a full backup of your rom before trying any of this. Now im not really too sure about any of this but its a start I think lol...

can a dev please double check I may be way off :p

LOL! Man you just made my head spin.... wow! That is way over my head. :) :thinking:

Upvote 0
So i had the same problem that 2 people here had, installing apps, I reinstalled the rom and everything. I dont know what "number" 2 is. If they are referring to 1.2 that is the one I installed and the damn thing would reboot everytime I tried to install an app. Also Ive been getting randome reboots (story of my life)

so now im installed Broken Out Connect to see how that works.

if anyone can help me. let me know

I already did everything that was suggusted. I dont know what Number 2 is

Upvote 0
Hi all, last night I was going to do some theming with ROM Toolbox and it told me that this rom is not deoxed? Is that true? It said to contact the developer and get them to deox it.

Also i think i found a bug, sometimes the battery icon will change from the vertical one to one that is landscape. I just have the normal rom installed and i have not messed with changing any icons. It's very strange.

So can i them this rom with ROM Toolbox or do I need a different black plaque rom?

Upvote 0
Hi all I am posting pictures of the real dark colored font that needs to be lighted about 30% so we can read it and I am also posting pictures of the sliders that I want to replace with the ones from the stock LG ROM from the connect phone. If someone could make a zip file that I can use and flash it through CWM that would be absolutely great!

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_20121201_131936.jpg
    IMG_20121201_131936.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20121201_132017.jpg
    IMG_20121201_132017.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2012120239812.jpg
    IMG_2012120239812.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
Just wanted to post a general appreciation for the mod and for PG's hard work. I took a crash course in everything from what a recovery is to how to install the new ROM. With enough reading through this thread and the wiki and maybe another link or two, I figured everything out and got it up and running without any hitches (knock on wood) last night. Very impressed and happy to be able to configure Android the way I can Windows on a PC.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
I've tried all the fixes. Tried wiping the phone clean as a newborns bottom. And I still have random reboots and reboot every time I try to install any apps.

I've been figuring these things out for awhile. Started on Android with an HTC Incredible on Cricket Wireless and have rooted, flashed roms, flashed over carriers, and done all kinds of crazy things to my phones. I thank PG for this rom. It is beautiful but I just can't get it. Again thank you.

Upvote 0
I've tried all the fixes. Tried wiping the phone clean as a newborns bottom. And I still have random reboots and reboot every time I try to install any apps.

I've been figuring these things out for awhile. Started on Android with an HTC Incredible on Cricket Wireless and have rooted, flashed roms, flashed over carriers, and done all kinds of crazy things to my phones. I thank PG for this rom. It is beautiful but I just can't get it. Again thank you.

Have u tried broken out or rom #2?

Upvote 0
I appreciated PGs work as well. But I have same issue with ROM, every installation reboots the phone.

I had the same problem with this rom when i first used it but i found that if i let it settle through the first day or so it stopped rebooting so much and it eventually quit all together the longer i used it. I did however, had to delete the post.boot.sh file that caused the cpu settings to stick so i could underclock it cause for me and my phone the etiting of said file just would not work no matter what method i used to edit it. So basisally what im saying is if u can deal with the random reboots for a little while try that and let the rom settle in for a bit and c if that helps if not then u know u gave the rom a shot. I hope this helps u out :)

Upvote 0
Hi all, last night I was going to do some theming with ROM Toolbox and it told me that this rom is not deoxed? Is that true? It said to contact the developer and get them to deox it.

Also i think i found a bug, sometimes the battery icon will change from the vertical one to one that is landscape. I just have the normal rom installed and i have not messed with changing any icons. It's very strange.

So can i them this rom with ROM Toolbox or do I need a different black plaque rom?

Don't forget to fix permissions in recovery after you make a change. Also do a backup of your ROM incase something goes wrong.

Reactions: zandersig
Upvote 0
I changed the io scheduler and lowered the clock frequency. I have had little to no reboot now.
Edit.
See the default is very and when I selected cfq the phone seems more stable. I did realize when the phone was charging the phone was rebooting a bit.

I got a little frustrated with the reboots too - even though I knew it was a risk, I knew people had also found ways to calm down their problems. This solution ( changing the scheduler to cfq) did the trick for me, also.

Upvote 0
I flashed Black Plague 1.2 on my LG Connect 4G and I couldn't seem to install Titanium or any app from the Google Play store without the phone resetting on me. I did not know why this was happening or what to do so I had to restore back to stock. Has anyone else experienced this? Did something go wrong during the installation?

Upvote 0
I flashed Black Plague 1.2 on my LG Connect 4G and I couldn't seem to install Titanium or any app from the Google Play store without the phone resetting on me. I did not know why this was happening or what to do so I had to restore back to stock. Has anyone else experienced this? Did something go wrong during the installation?

It's a known issue.
I wouldn't bother with BP right now
Its a GREAT rom but a battery sucker.

Try "Number 2 (#2)"
Ive had that and it's great!
No problems whatsoever!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones